Spore New Spore website – notes on ‘Most New Popular’ and Linage

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Judhudson, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

New Spore website – notes on ‘Most New Popular’ and Linage

Over at the official Sporums, MaxisCactus dropped players two pieces of information regarding the ‘Most New Popular’ and ‘Linage’ features for the new website.* The Linage feature is long overdue…Now we’re able to see who the original creators are for creations so it’ll cutback on stealing others hard work!

Some notes on lineage:

This new site feature will not apply retroactively. Creations published before our site changes today will not contain lineage info. However, any creation published going forward will include lineage information, even if the parent was published a long time ago.

Example lineage creations:
    -*Creation just published by me based on a creature Ceece made quite a while ago. (Contains lineage info)
    -*Creation just published by me based on a creature DigitalRob just published today. (Contains lineage info)
    -*Creation published before site changes by me based on a creation Parkaboy published. (Does not contain lineage info)

We do still have one bug that results in creations occasionally appearing to be original even when they are parented by other authors. We hope to have a fix out for that rare issue very soon.

There also looks to be an issue with timing that results in the lineage occasionally not showing up. Refreshing the page generally fixes this, but we’re looking into better solutions.

-MC

Original Post here

While we won’t be able to restore MPN to the My Spore Page today, we do have plans to restore it in the near future. Thanks for your patience while we continue our work to prep the site for the upcoming release!

-MC

Original Post here

Source:* Sporedum