New Updates Everywhere

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Pimms, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Pimms

Pimms New Member

New Updates Everywhere

I am not sure if anyone is like me who searches the internet for anything new on the sims but if you are you must have seen all the new updates lately. Particulary at the SimZone sites. The German and Poland sites are updating like crazy. Poland puts up at least 15 new screenshots a day right now from the actual game... check them out here...http://www.thesims.pl/index.php?id=106

Also Germany SimZone site has got a hold of a TEST copy of the sims and is posting new picturs and a guide each day. Everyday they add something new to the guide. So far they have the guide to installing, making a sim, neighborhoods etc. Check out the guide here. http://www.simszone.de/simszone/specials/sims2special/ Even though the text is in german you can still see all the pictures included and figure out what they are saying. You can also use an online translator like worldlingo (Babel Fish didn't work too well) and read along with the guide. You can pretty much make out what they are saying although there are definetely parts that are not translated well. The actual translation that Worldlingo give for The Sims 2 is " windshield frame section 2" lol which is funny to me. So enjoy trying to figure out the news from the test version. So far the game looks awesome. I am only afraid that I will find out too much in my searching and not have any surprises.

The most interesting part was where it revealed answers to our questions. IN the sim making guide it shows how the families will be related instantly when you make them and will know eachother like sister/brother and husband/wife etc. I know that question was asked somewhere.

Also something really interesting is the part where it shows what the neighborhood will look like from Sim City 4. It has one picture of the SC4 version then shows it in Sims 2. Looks cool. Make sure to look at all the pictures. The ones I just mentioned are in the latest area "neighborhoods".

Let me know all your comments on the new updates.
    ~Pimms~

Oh yes the other thing is the actual english site SimZone has news about the game too which is I believe translating the german guide for us. Check it out too here: http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/ Yes read this part first if you don't want to bother translating and then go to the german site to see all the pictures much easier this way but this update wasn't printed until after I did all the translating things lol have fun

2. Gethsemanae

Gethsemanae New Member

New Updates Everywhere

Thanks for sharing Pimms. I reallly enjoyed those pics. Gosh, I can't believe the detail in them. Its gonna take a while to get used to all the ins and outs of the game. I think I'm up for it though!;)

3. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

I also read it to say that you can choose the relationship, like for example, a grandfather looking after his two orphaned g'children - the game won't immediately assume that he is the father.

4. Pimms

Pimms New Member

Yes as far as I can tell you can make any kind of relationships when you first make your sims. Like for example the pre-made maxis family the Grunts are a dad and his 3 sons but they have no mother living with them. So that is a cool feature to the game where different family situations are not limited to the nuclear family dynamic. The german SimZone site shows how this is done in their screenshots. Anyway hope you all keep checking those 2 sites everyday for new pictures and news on the game.
    ~Pimms~

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've been enjoying all this "embarrassment of riches" from the German and Polish sites. However, I did have to update my "how to make a TS2 neighborhood in SC4" tutorial. (I was hoping they would do something like that for this SimDay.)