Troubleshooting No Aging + College Glitch

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by iDannPK, Jul 2, 2008.

1. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

No Aging + College Glitch

Sorry if this information makes no sense - I'm not exactly sure if I did it right, as I'm not too good at computers.

1) CPU (167MHz/1.5GHz)
    2) RAM/Memory - How Much 512MB
    3) Free Hard Disk Space - 10.73GB
    4) Total Hard Disk Space - 80GB
    5) Graphic/Video Card - ATI Radeon 9200
    6) Graphic/Video Card Driver Version - ATY,RV280
    7) DirectX Version - ???
    8) Operating System (Windows? Mac? Etc) - Mac PowerPC
    9) Sims 2 CD or DVD Version - DVD (I think.)
    10) Any expansion packs? - University
    11) Any hacks/mods? Any custom objects? - Nope.
    11) Nature of problem (more details the better)

So I have two problems, actually. But I'll start with the first. I recently made a Sim and put him in college. Yadda yadda yadda, he graduated. So now I'm playing with him as an adult Sim. Except he doesn't age! You know when you hover over the little aging meter thing on the bottom and it tells you how many days until they become an elder? It stays at 29.

I figured it was just some glitch that would go away at somepoint. But then I get married to some random NPC, and now she doesn't age either!

Apparently as well, she can't get pregnant, either. I guess because the game uses the aging thing to make the baby. But I did "Try for Baby" and the option to do so isn't there anymore. So I assume she became pregnant. Yet it's been over 3 days and there's no baby, no fat pregnant lady, nothing. Her needs may or may not be going down quickly like a normal pregnant Sim - I can't tell.

No one else plays this game but me, and I've tried the aging on/off cheat. I type "aging on" into the console thing, but still both sims don't age. I tried "aging off" then "aging on" again, but still nothing.

So that's problem #1.

Problem #2 is less serious - just annoying. I assume my male sim met his wife in college or something, because even though they are both adults in the game, she gets the "Marylena has class in one hour" thing to appear. She doesn't actually go to class - it just dissappears. But it's annoying.

Anyway, I'm more inclined on fixing Problem #1.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

It seems the same no-aging thing applies to all other sims I control as well.

Argh I dont' know what I did. D:

Could anyone explain to me how to re-install The Sims 2? I won't lose any saved data, right?

3. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

Okay so reinstalling didn't help.

4. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

Fixed it. Not in the most ideal way though. It turns out it was the Sim I created that was causing the glitch. The only way to make my sims age again was to move that sim + his wife into the Family Bin.

It seems whenever I play them though, the glitch comes back. So I guess I'm stuck with deleting them.

Oh well. At least I fixed the problem, finally. :D

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It sounds like you got ahold of a corrupted download or something.
    If you could weed out the faulty package file causing it you might be able to use them again.

6. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

Well I'm pretty sure I hadn't downloaded anything prior to creating that Sim. And I don't do Custom Content.

How would I go about weeding it out, anyway?

7. swmeek

Your best bet is the program Sims2 Clean pack Installer from mod the sims2.
    You will need a program from Microsoft called NetFramework.
    You will need at least version 1.1 to make it work but it's up to version 3.0 now so any of those inbetween will work.
    If it is custom content related which you say you don't use then I doubt this program will work for you.
    Your best bet would be just to recreate the sim(s) in question and start over.

8. iDannPK

iDannPK New Member

Yeah the only custom content I've ever downloaded was the Alienware computer from the official Sims 2 website. And I downloaded it a LONG time ago, and have been able to play the game properly while having it. So it's definitely not that.

I own a Mac anyway, so I won't be able to download those programs you mentioned. But I'm fine for now. I'll just remake my Sims and hope the problem doesn't arise again.

9. swmeek

Yeah that kind of stinks there are no programs ( I think) like that for Mac!
    Good luck all the same though!

10. amazonlady37

amazonlady37 New Member

if you activate the aging by entering the cheat code then try again to get her pregnant it should work otherwise i know how to make her pregnant and speed up her pregnancy so she has the baby within about 12 game hours or less.(or Him) if you need help just contact me