Troubleshooting No Cd To Play

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Magana, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magana

Magana New Member

No Cd To Play

Is there a way to play the game with no cd in the drive? The Problem is that I have brothers that are now addicted to the game and I bought the game for me, but we have two PC's so I am wondering if I can install the game on my other PC because I dont think is fair that I have to buy the game again just to be able to play it on the other PC. I am not trying to make any Illegal copies what so ever but is there a way to play without the CD?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sorry the answer is no, there isn't a way to do what you ask. EA made it very difficult to use the game with any of the utilities that are designed to allow the game to run without the disc in the drive. This is because they know that the game is attractive and addictive and they want you to go out and buy more copies.

The purchase of a game (disc in a box) isn't a a straightforward contract involving the exchange of money for a bit of plastic and metal; it is also the purchase of a license to use the computer code, the imagery, the music and other sounds, and all the original written material contained within the game and accompanying printed matter. The license has to have a limitation and that limitation, for The Sims 2 is, sadly, for use on a single machine. They don't really mind if you install it on several machines because they made it so that only one person can play at a time.

Incidentally the latest edition of Norton Internet Security comes with a license good for 3 machines, making it good value for families.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.