No Guests

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by aharris, Nov 5, 2004.

1. aharris

aharris New Member

No Guests

I tried to hold my first party today, and only got the opportunity to invite two sims. I have read before that this sometimes happens with bad computers, but this one has more than enough processing power for the game. I've also had five or six sims show up in my house out of the blue when the rugrat was calling his pals at night so I know the computer can handle multiple sims in the house.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

No, TS2 just thinks that your computer sucks, so slapped a limit of 2 on you. You can override.

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims #, where # is a number, generally between 2-8, although larger numbers are valid.

Naturally, exceeding limits is something you're doing at your own risk...but you are smarter than the computer, right?

3. aharris

aharris New Member

Yeah, I definitely need to over-ride those settings. I just had a family with two teenage daughters invite over two friends, and one asked to bring a friend. Total count of people in house: 5 (parents at work). The parents come home a game hour later and each brings home a friend. I now have 9 people in the house spread out over two stories and no troubles with computing speed whatsoever. Grrrrr . . . Who sets these silly limits anyways?

4. los_angeles_grl

los_angeles_grl New Member

I have had this same problem. My computer is not bad. I went out and bought a brand new 2ghz computer. More than enough room on the hardrive. I never installed anything except The Sims 2. And at one point had over 10 sims at my house.

You wrote that you could overwrite it. Exactly how do you do that?

Oh, once you have a party you can call people on the phone and invite them. They will come over but then leave when that party is over.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LA Girl, here's how you do it.

1. Go to the neighborhood screen
    2. type up your cheat window: ctrl, shift, and c all at the same time.
    3. type in the cheat code that JMP gave you. intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims # only instead of typing # type a number, like 8.

Then you can invite more sims to parties, and also more sims will show up at Community Lots. :)

I think that the 2-sim limit is a defult setting. It does the same thing on my computer, and I have plenty of memory, ram, and a Pentium 4 processer!