No stray sign?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexierjess14, Nov 27, 2006.

1. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

No stray sign?

Sorry for opening another thread, but I was wondering where the sign for "No stray pets" is located at? I think I read somewhere there was such thing. I searched my game under "Decorations" and saw a couple of signs, I tried all but the strays still came :(Does anyone know the name of the "No stray pets" sign? Or perhaps post an image if thats not too much to ask? :DThanks in advance ;)

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

As far as I know, there was only a No Strays sign in TS1 Unleashed. There isn't one in TS2, but you can put a gate around your lot and lock it, I think.

3. sexierjess14

Oh, I thought I read somewhere in the official website (I think) which said they had a sign to avoid having strays linger in your lot. I guess maybe I was dreaming lol, thanks anyway :DAnd I tried the gate, and ended up having my sims unable to take their pets for walks :O

4. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

As long as the doors to the house (front and back) are able to be used by pets you should have no problem locking the gates and being able to take pets for walks or having pets go to work. :)
    Strays will not enter your sims home unless you greet them and therefore invite them...just like other visiting sims.

Cass.

5. sexierjess14

Thanks :D If I locked to doors and only allow family members, does that include the pets? And will this allow the maid to enter the home too?

6. uni23

uni23 New Member

there is a (no stray pets) sign in the sims 2 pets for ps2 i have pets for ps2

7. sexierjess14

Oh, maybe the sign was only for PS2 platforms. Sad :( Im using the PC version lol, thanks anyway :D

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

There definitely is not a "no stray sign" for the PC version. I suspect that the developers felt that having the ability to click "do not allow pets" on doors and gates was sufficient.

However, I personally miss the "no stray" sign since the annoying strays still stay on the sidewalk hoping to get the attention of someone on the other side of that "do not allow pets" gate.

I've been told that one of the modding sites has developed a "no stray" sign, but I don't have a clue about which of them it is. (I don't need it so badly that I want to cruise all the modding sites.)

9. sexierjess14

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :D and well I just really wished there was a sign for the PC version because the strays are always at my sims houses. Either fighting with my pets, or digging holes lol

10. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I haven't ever locked the doors just for 'family members' but I imagine that would include the pets too. But the maid (and repairman and cop and criminal and exterminator and gardener) can come in even if the door is locked.

Cass.

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

When you lock doors there is an option to lock only against pets. I'm pretty sure, anyway. I haven't had a situation, yet, with a stray, to test the locked door against strays. But I assume it works for strays, too.

12. sexierjess14

Are we allowed to select more than one option on the locks? Like are we allowed to select to 'Allow Household Only' and 'Pets Only'? Or just one?

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

You can only combine "No Pets" with the others, you can't do "Allow Household Only" and "Allow Me Only" at the same time, obviously.

14. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Just wanted to add that I tried the 'family members only' lock on the gates at one of my sims homes and it worked. The strays couldn't come in but the pets could go out. :D

Cass.

15. sexierjess14

Thanks for all the help :D Ive tried the fence, and all is good, except that whenever my sims had friends over after work, they couldn't enter, lol :p

16. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's why I just do "disallow pets" on the doors. (I just have to remember to "allow pets" to get new household additions inside!)

17. sexierjess14

Ah, because I selected "Allow Household Only" and I thought it applied to my pets too lol