Now that you own and played The Sims 2...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Now that you own and played The Sims 2...

Just what are your thoughts? Do you think the people who attended E3 and Sims 2 University portrayed the game accurately? Voice your thoughts! :D

2. J Mo

J Mo New Member

I'm am BLOWN AWAY! This game is so intricate and realistic, I didn't think it would be near as much detail as Maxis provided. It runs great, load times are quite fast, and I love the little things about the game that make it more real.

Such as...you have to buy all your clothes, they are not just "given" to you in your dresser. That is so neat to me. lol :)

This game is amazing and I will be playing it this entire weekend.

3. KeewiSim

KeewiSim New Member

Wow that is kool! I too love those little details, I love the fact that you have to buy all the clothes! :-D That's awesome J Mo! I can't wait to pick up my copy tomarrow morning!!!!! :D

4. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

I am Utterly Amazed

What a fantastic job on this game! So many things are even cooler than i thought they would be. I am astounded by how much better everything looks in the game and how our sims look, move and act! The gameplay is so different than before and the camera just blows me away. so many decorative options as well!! They have taken all my hopes for this game and increased them tenfold!
    Only bothersome things so far:
    I may have found a coupla small bugs related to a counter that doesnt accept a sink/appliances and something else I don't recall at this time - nothing major.
    Am already dyin' for a quick way to use that money cheat.
    I haven't heard most of the music in the game yet, but that "build" music is already driving me batty.
    Roofs are so tough! :) but I'll get 'em soon enough. I'm just whinin' there.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wow! This game far exceeded my expectations! It installed fast and clean. It loads and runs pretty quick - much faster that TS1 with all the EP's ever did.

It plays very smoothly on my high end sys and the detail and action is incredible. There is so much to find out just playing. I skipped the tutorials and picked on the Burbs and moved 'em right on into a neat little house and watched them. They're so darn cute and when Alexander Goth turned up to play I screamed!

Now all I gotta do is play some more ... after feeding me and the cat that is ... :D

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm having a great time. I haven't actually played yet other than the tutorial family but I'm learning the ins and outs of neighborhood construction. But I think I'll save that for another post!

7. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Its FREAKIN AMAZING is all I have to say. The level of detail, and depth of gameplay are so much fun! And the camera angles are AWESOME!

8. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

This game is sweet! I never really got very deep into the original, but this is something else. The new details really breathe a lot more life into the game and make it a lot more immersive than the original. And 3D is awesome. Except the camera control (esp. middle button) is painfully sluggish - dragging the mouse 4 inches yields like 60 degrees of rotation. But this is tiny compared to the greatness of the rest of the game :D

9. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Man... You make me wnat to run up to GameStop and demand my game that second..... nah.... I'll wait.

10. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

10 out of 10!!:cool:

It looks great and has so much stuff that I didn't expect it to have. Just awesome!:bunny:

11. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

*screen comes on, wind starts blowing from screen, blows me to the moon*
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!
    My favorite feature: aging.

12. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

7/10 I believe the game needed more time.
    The many features are good but the amount of crashes and bugs annoy me. Maxis HAD to know about these but EA wanted to make money. Can I see a 15mb patch coming out like with SimCity 4 and it's EP? :rolleyes:

13. hideki

hideki New Member

how do you buy clothing? i never noticed that yet

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Ya need to goto the community lots and buy :)

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Josh, sweetheart, I have only one complaint and I'm hoping that will be fixable anyway.

A complaint? Surely not. LOL. I wish to register a complaint because the keyboard hotkey for pause was moved from (next to 1,2,3) to P. How logical is that? The worse thing is my reflexes are tuned to running the game with the left hand.

If Maxis can't (or won't) offer a patch maybe someone will write one??????

PUT THE PAUSE KEY BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!

16. saucebox

saucebox New Member

It runs to slow and choppy for me to appreciate the detail (or leave the sim-house, really).

I do like the way the view kinda moves through things.

Some of the interactions are funny.

Sims fart now!

The visible body odor cracks me up...

Oh, and the man sim who dropped me baby three times because he feared changing a diaper was such a pain in the ***!

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

The pause still works for me using the ` key next to the numbers, I thought they just made it so it would also work using P?

I'm loving the game but have some confusion/frustrations with how things are sorted (HIDDEN!) in the buy mode for community lots. I had a TERRIBLE time where I had sinks showing up with no COUNTERS to place them in when I had it set to sort by whatever it was... that made no sense to me... counters should have sorted that would go with the sinks! :p

18. frikafrax

frikafrax New Member

I thought this was a bug myself until I realized that I had selected a counter with a butcher block surface. As in real life, you wouldn't put a sink through one of those.:)

-Frikafrax

19. Rhaevyn

Rhaevyn New Member

First of all, greetings fellow Sim addicts. I'm Rhaevyn and I've been playing TS1 since right after release. Now that I am finally employed after 4 months I'm counting the minutes till payday so I can join you all in experiencing TS2.

My quote from Flameback is more to address his (the only somewhat negative) comment about his first impressions.

First of all, do you meet or exceed the recommended specs? Alll drivers current, settings set properly, etc.? Not that I doubt your computer expertise, but sometimes it's little things we overlook that can make a big impact on how our games run. I know, I do it to myself all the time.:p Just curious what system you are running on.

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know each of you as we progress through our little world of Simming.