nuch needed NPC--painter

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by mglp, Oct 11, 2004.

1. mglp

mglp New Member

nuch needed NPC--painter

One thing that I really wish had been implemented is a professional portrait artist. I can't seem to paint custom art. I don't know what level you need to be at in Creativity, but I haven't reached the level where I an paint my own people...

peace

2. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I was wondering the same thing! Darren Dreamer on the Pleasantville senario has his creativity up to a level 8 and I get an option to pick what to paint. No one else seems to have this option but I don't have them at a high creativity level either. I'd like to know what level the options kick in.

3. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I think custom painting kicks in around 5 or 6 or so. You can paint still lifes, which are basically screenshots, or you can paint portraits, which requires that the paintee be present on the lot at the time. You cannot paint portraits of people who are currently at work or school. The option will never appear unless a valid paintee appears, so an artist living in his hut as a hermit will not get to paint others.

4. zydeco

zydeco New Member

On the portraits..does the person being painted have to sit there the whole time or just for a few moments? I noticed in Darren Dreamer's loft he had a mirror situated so he could see himself. Can they paint self-portraits? I know that at Darren's level 8 he could paint anything that could be framed. It appears you can paint the tree outside your window or the landscape viewed from your patio or any object in your home. I might have to play with this some. I'd really like some better pictures to hang in my homes.

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

The person being painted may not have to sit there at all. While painting a portrait queues a "be painted" action on the paintee, if you cancel it, I think the painter will go about painting the subject from memory. Sims have nearly flawless memory, which is the likely source of the "corrupted memory" bug. When their memory has flaws, they never forget it.

You know, they need a Men in Black career track, where the career award is a flashy thingy that erases another Sim's memories.....after all, we *DO* have aliens, and somebody's gotta keep track of 'em. Sims, however, cannot really paint "self-portraits". The mirrors in the Dreamer Home are arranged in a purely aesthetic manner.

Also, the "paint still life" feature can be toyed with: You can take a snapshot (anywhere, it doesn't matter), then change the "snapshot.bmp" file which appears somewhere in your save directory with any arbitrary picture of your chosing, and your sim will paint that instead.