Ofb Hints

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Odinmoon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Ofb Hints

I thought about having Ofb hints. Im not sure if this is the place to post. Maybe in how do I section? It would be nice if it was a sticky. What do you guys think? Maybe we could have one for each expansion.

These are example questions.

Question: How do you make money in OFB?

Question: What does the Real Estate sell?

regards Moon

2. Vega

Vega New Member

I think it's a good idea :) :D
    it would be nice if we have this to all expansions. there is so many things i still don't know about the sims lol :eek:
    humm i hope someone makes this thread sticky.

3. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

Sell stuff. :D

Real Estate. :p

Now that the joke answers are out of the way...

Real Estate: You know those annoying deeds that clog up your backpack? You can actually put them on a sales display surface and set a selling price for them. Took me a while before I figured this out, my first real estate office sold Easy Bake Oven cakes prepared in advance by the owner while she was a kid. :rolleyes:

Making Big Simoleans the easy way: Here is my formula for a surefire turn-key business.

Create a new commercial lot using the smallest plot of land available. Build a small one+ room shack just big enough for the following:

1. A very small corner bathroom just big enough to hold a toilet and dorm shower.
    2. Hand sink (place it outside of the bathroom so your patrons won't be "shooed" while washing their hands or dishes.)
    3. Dorm fridge or munchie-bot.
    4. Cheap luv-seat.
    5. Espresso machine on the cheapest countertop.
    6. Poker table and chairs.
    7. Ticket-tron placed right outside the front door.
    8. *Optional* Leave space for a jukebox and pinball machine to be purchased when the money starts rolling in.

This lot can be purchased for under 10K simoleans. As soon as your sim goes to the lot have him set the ticket-tron at the cheapest admission price and don't forget to tell it to start charging customers. Then just hang around keeping your "needs" bars in the green and cleaning up the occasional mess. Your aspiration meter should be no problem, as your sim will (should at least) keep rolling "Have a level *x* business" wants. Your business' level and income will steadily increase because all sims share two traits, they are cheapskates and gambling addicts. :D

If you have a few servos living in the neighborhood and your sim has enough logic points you can just meditate your way to riches. The servos will stop playing every few minutes to clean up the place and make nice with the rest of your patrons. Servos also love to smustle and if you get one started he will soon have everyone in the place joining them. But what I really love to see is a servo that runs outside to recharge before dusk just to get stuck on your sidewalk all night with a stream of happy customer stars and ticket-tron charges floating out of his head! ;)

HTH, good luck and happy simming!

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

See there you go already good advice.:)

Thanks for your input Werebear.
    I would not have thought about deeds.lol
    Now I have a new way to do business:)
    Any more suggestions most welcome.

regards moon

5. mkimm93

mkimm93 New Member

hmmm, good tip on the real estate thing. Before, i had no idea what the deed was for.

I would recommend a store that sells fully-prepared meals on individual plates. I've made about 5 of these, and all have been extremely successful. You just need a fairly small lot with a kitchen and a place for the customers to shop. In Buy mode, if you go to decorations, then shelves, you will find shelves made for displaying food (must be on a community lot). put a few of those in the shopping area. the best part is, you don't need to hire many people at all. you need 2 people to run this shop: a cashier, and a chef. Before opening the business, have ur chef make single plate meals. you can pick up the plates of food once they are cooked and put them on the shelves. the better the meals (pork chops, lobster thermador instead of cereal, mac and cheese), the more money they are worth. charge your customers at "expensive"

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Mkimm, this thread is a little old. Your post was good though and related to the subject, so I'm going to let you off this time. I just want to warn you about bumping old threads (it happens so easily -- trust me. I know. :p). We don't really like resurrecting the dead here. Just to point you in the right direction.

Thanks. :)

7. mkimm93

mkimm93 New Member

muffin-tacos, i dont understand what you mean by "bumping old threads". i'm new to this site and I don't even know what 'bumping' is. Do you mean you can't post a reply to an old thread or......?

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

mkimm, threads that are older than a few weeks without any further activity are usually regarded as "dead". In most cases posting a new reply to a thread that has died is a little like flogging a dead horse. Of course there are always exceptions. Someone might have a whole new angle to re-awaken interest in and discussion of the original topic for example. It is called bumping because the thread which was way down in the list of topics is suddenly pushed back up to the top of the list as the most recently active ... this confuses people ... especially moderators.

Your tip on running a shop did not seem out of place to me so I don't think you were utterly wrong to post to the thread ... but what would I know about moderating? :rolleyes:

9. timothgallagher

timothgallagher New Member

okay, explain to me why it's a dead link...

- Open for Business, is currently being sold as an expansion pack.
    - People who paid and registered for the DVD, want some tips and advice.
    - It would be good to know "what" others are experiencing during gameplay.

muffin-taco, I don't know much about being a moderator either.

Are you trying to tell people "don't buy this game" because you'll respond like this to anyone who paid to be told... "no-no" don't you newbies know the difference between the not so new expansion pack and the "fashionably popular final two expansion packs."

The answer is - you didn't mean to tell someone, "I must come down on you."

The second impression is - did someone mention to check in the Individual Sims Backpack, for those handbills when you start playing with an installed OPB DVD ?

So the solution to make the job easier - is to make a fresh thread post then...

gee. couldn't of you at least warned the Dude, who could of just made game play for OPB more interesting some suggestions where to post that thread, so a few people who haven't purchased this game yet... would enjoy the contribution ?

--- Now that you discussed what the problem is... one would think a moderator would have a solution. Unless I'm totally wrong, and the moderator would have to confer to someone else for an opinion on that.

How dead is this link ?
    --- Quite a few people are interested, so be really quick to put a lock on this one.