Spore Ok, Spore. What you like. Doubts.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ConradSims2, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Ok, Spore. What you like. Doubts.

Post...

What you like..
    Doubts...

I like the idea, though Im not convinced at the moment.

I have doubts with..
    * Computers being able to handle it?
    * Release date...it seems so soon!

But all in all I am interested, just a bit scare to take the leap from Sims to Spore... :indifferent:

2. Sunkissed

Sunkissed New Member

I have doubts about my computer too I doubt it'll be able to handle spore and all the sims 2 expansion packs :indifferent:
    Also the game seems too fairytaleish if you know what I mean you probaly don't but oh well...

3. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Good points...I think we need more info, but it does seem more fairytale-ish! Oh well, we need to wait... :party:

4. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

I have doubts....Computer.
    The Creature creation doesn't seem to give you a lot of freedom without downloading from other players. But those will probably be proved wrong soon...hopefully.

5. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

I hope the creature design is better than BodyShop for Sims 2... :indifferent: --- we need more customisation for The Sims 2! So CaC should not compare to spore like Body Shop to Sims 2!

6. Dean

Dean New Member

I have oober big doubts. How many times has maxis lied about other stuff?????? Spore is still in early production so alot will change. Remember the early early version of the sims 2? It was alot better then what we got. :rolleyes: I doubt all the promises Maxis is spilling out will be fufilled. :banghead:

7. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Yeah, they promised ageing furniture, weather--- but we never know. They may be holding back now...

8. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

In the Facts sheet, you guys are right, Maxis tend to Play games with its' addicted fans, but let me tell you why this game is gonna be almost exactly what it looks right now, This is Game Is Will Wrights' Lifetime work, he said it was his project since early 2003(Which why it looks so finished right now), I don't think Will Wright will want to stumble with his own project.

I can't prove your'e wrong, in fact...i can't prove anybody here is wrong, but from what i know:

First of all: Why is so hard for you to download things? i mean, this is what it's all about! creating cool creatures, and sharing them instantly, that's why it's expected to be enourmos game! because, it's unlimited! you can browse EAs' server, which is pretty much promised to be easy-navigated, and Safe...and you choose whatever you want, each creature will wieght only 1 Kb...

But...

You may not want to download anyway, that's your choice, and here, you may be right, Having this game, without an internet connection, will be pretty limiting....But not for creating creatures, But getting new ones,maybe ones that you haven't thought about, with new styles...Expand your horizons! ;)

Heat

9. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Heat its just that some people are hoping we don't have to use 3rd party engines in order to create anything that looks cool.

10. Emily

Emily New Member

my computer isn't...going to work... probably.

11. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

The graphics seem worse then TS2.. I'm thinking memory is what will be more needed then a video card.

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

The game has been described as a "MSOG" - Massively Single-player Online Game. There is a central database which collects creatures/buildings/objects that where custom created by players, stores them, and then distributes them to other players. The creatures are compressed in size to about 1k; using methods inspired by the "Demo Scene" to compress complex graphical information into very small sizes.

Central Database=EA Server

So no worries

:bouncy:

Heat

13. Emily

Emily New Member

I really don't think so. It looks better then TS2 IMO.

14. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Who knows.. maybe I'm not looking close enough >.<

15. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

The reason the pics may look cartoony, is because theyr'e not gameplay-fed, theyr'e Actually captured from a screen, which makes it look a bit yellowish and blurred...

Heat

16. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I see..

17. Sash

Sash New Member

At the moment, I'm looking forward to it.

The creatures are really customisable; GameSpy said it was like "working with clay". You can add what you want, where you want. Plus, with an online database, you can see what other people are up to too.

I have to agree with Mr. Heat on the stuff that we've been promised. This isn't like The Sims. Will Wright will give us what he's promised, simply because he believes this game will be phenomenally popular, with all it's customisation. He has his heart set on this one, so he'll do whatever he can to get as much customisation in there as possible.

As for computers specs...the graphics may be a problem. HD space will be no problem, since the files are so small.

The game looks quite far in progress, so it's probably going to be released soon.

All in all, this looks like it will be one of the best PC games ever...might even beat The Sims....but I doubt that.

Sash

18. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I like the teddy-bear creature I saw in a screenshot, but I doubt the whole game at the moment as there just isn't enough information about it.

19. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Do you mean you doubt that it's even there??

Heat

20. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

No, probably just a lot of doubts at the moment, due to us having so little info.