How Do I OPEN FB community Lots

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Splotchie, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Splotchie

Splotchie New Member

OPEN FB community Lots

:confused: I've searched all over and can't find anything about the actual making of a community lot in Open for Business. I've made a great building with dining room, disco, pub and a few shops [or rather space for shops], but I can't seem to make it a "community lot". When I had trouble fiding things one would need for a business [industrial stove, shop counters, etc]. I realized the mailbox and trashcan were outside instead of the phone booth. DOH! I want my sim to buy this lot to start his own business enterprise, but the option is not available, apparently because it is considered residential.

The game didn't ask me whether I wanted the lot residential or community before I started building so otherwise I do not know how it would be classified as such. Thus my question.

Before you ask, I first started building it in Nightlife [cause of the disco bit] but then moved my building to bins and tried putting it in the shopping district which should certainly be considered a community area, but no good there either.

I'll start it over if it is too late to change its classification, although I certainly hate to. Worked hours on it and it is beautiful, but useless :cry:

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

ctrl-shift c to open the cheat window... type "changelotzoning community" and hit enter. Save, exit, and re-enter the lot. This may not give you a phone booth though, which you'll need in order for your Sims to get back home if they take a taxi. If not, I believe there are downloads out there that allow you to place a new phone booth.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I think the game provides one, actually. I seem to remember seeing it.

I've never had this problem. Wonder if your game is glitchy. I start with a blank lot and it always gives me a choice of residential or community.

4. Splotchie

Splotchie New Member

Thanks so much Hellokit and Surprised By Witches. I'll definitely try the cheat. :D Id hate to have to start over from scratch! Maybe when I'm done I'll upload it to Sims2 exchange and ya'll can check it out for your game if you like it.

I do think there may be a glitch at work here. I've downloaded both patches now so maybe I will get the option for community/residential for future stuff.