Open for Business Box Preview

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Open for Business Box Preview

What do you think the next expansion pack, or booster pack, will be previewed in the Open For Buisness box? I certainly hope that they will make somewhat of a "Renaissance" expansion. It would bring back a lot of teh old features from the original sims like Unleashed, Vacation, House Party, and some others I can't think of right now. (Except for making magic that sucked!)

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Oh goodness, I've been so excited about all the possiblities with this expansion that I haven't even stopped to consider what the next one will be...oh well, my game shipped last night and it should be here today. Maybe I'll call Brandon later this afternoon and make him open to see if it includes anything about the next EP.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'd like to see Sims Outdoors or Sims Family Fun, something like that. With camping and more stuff to do outdoors, and more family interactions like play board game, multi-task while holding baby/toddler, sit/lie down when talking on phone, and ooh! Visit Neighbors!

I think the game needs wild animals and weather. Not that excited about pets, though more caged pet options would be cool, like snakes, lizards, hamsters, etc. But randomly occurring bears and skunks, birds, squirrels, bunnies ... that would be cool. You could feed them if you wanted to.

And, vegetable gardens. Grow your own food! Maybe some chickens.

I never played Sims 1. Making Magic sounds cool in principle. I think it would be fun to be able to brew your own potions, make things levitate, stuff like that. I know my daughter would be thrilled, Harry Potter fan that she is.

4. jupitershana

That alone would be worth it! If anything, at least make like a sling/child carrier that they can wear so that they can still do things. Seriously, my parents would have way more interactions with their children when they are infants that way.

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Oh the whole garden and bunnies thing I just hate to think about! With Unleashed I thought it would be cool to have a garden and occasionally have bunnies come and raid the carrot patch. Then I got the EP and had my first garden. I literally could not grow carrots at all because the bunnies would steal ALL the carrots ALL the time. I got sick of the gardens because in no time at all they would be over run with bunnies.

Ruth

6. surprised_by_witches

Like I said, I never played Sims 1.

Never thought of the gardens/ bunnies connection. Perhaps they'd let us surround the garden with a fence or low stone wall ...

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

In TS1 none of those things would work. The only thing that even halfway worked is develop your cat's hunting skills. I'd give those cats a treat every time they'd bring home a dead bunny. They just need to learn there is a fine line between cute and overpopulation. It made me one to turn the game into a shoot 'em up game, pull out the ole huntin' rifle and blast 'em. Have a new item on the menu "rabbit stew". All the stray dogs and cats were bad enough but the bunnies really got on my nerves!

Ruth

8. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Oh those bunnies!! They were horrible. I had 20 or so on my lot one time! Hated 'em.

And Makin Magic was a lot of fun! My witch sisters made it rain frogs, then ran around the yard kissing all of the frogs until one turned into a prince!

Another fun spell was the one that made tons of food appear on every available surface, and a bunch of neighbors immediately would come over to eat it. Instant party! :D

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sims on ER

That's what we need :)

They get sick already and they get old and die ... so why not the full package? Doctors and undertakers are needed plus mediums (for those who need to know where the insurance policy was hidden ;) Rejuvenation clinics, plastic surgery, (teeth) braces for teens, (neck) braces for pensioners :rolleyes: ... the possibilities are endless ... and maybe moms will have to check into hospital for their final ' half-day' of pregnancy ;)

10. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

That is EXACTLY what I was talking about to my sister last night!
    They should be able to have injuries at work, like a sprained ankle in the Athletic career for example, and who knows what sort of mad illnesses they could come down with in the Science career!
    They should make a hospital where they go if they are ill/injured, stay there for a couple of days and then be better. The pregnancy idea is also good. They should increase the amount of time the mothers are in labour, say up to an hour. In that time they have to call an ambulance or drive to the hospital and if they don't make it in time they just have the baby at home!

11. surprised_by_witches

There's nothing on the box ... just an ad inside for an expansion pack with more stuff, but after the Santa fiasco I'm not sure I'm going to buy it.

12. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Well what is the add on the inside???

13. jupitershana

14. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Ah thanks, thats something I'm proly not gonna get.