Open For Business - questions from a first time poster

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by BulliedbyBunnies, Feb 6, 2007.

1. BulliedbyBunnies

BulliedbyBunnies New Member

Open For Business - questions from a first time poster

First time poster, long time reader. (Well, technically the second part isn't quite true as I stumbled here today after a Google search).

I'm playing Malcolm Landgraab, who, by the way, I highly recommend for the joys of being evil! (Especially as I took care of the bizarre cranial ridge hed been gifted with.)

An almost elderly Dina Caliente snapped him up right away (as she felt she wasnt rich enough). Theyve got a mini-Malcolm on the way (had to do it fast before she got too old!), and Malcolm is, of course, ignoring his pregnant wife completely in favor of making money.

Ah, but on to the questions! J

His first business Club Dante, is a pay-to-stay type of place. It came with an employee, Justin. Does one even need an employee for this type of business? When I set him on a task he just keeps on doing it and truthfully I really dont need that many burnt group mac n cheeses. The only other thing I can think of for him is to set him to clean-up, but again Malcolm can probably do it better.

Also, would one need a bar in this type of place? It seems like it would just be a waste of money as youd need another employee just to man it.

Im not making very much money, but assume its because I keep buying new things and changing the dcor. Any basic suggestions on this type of business?

His other business Electronics Supercenter is more profitable for me, but comes with its own issues. The cash register is embarrassing to watch although Malcolm finally got a bronze in this. But, it seems like my employees never get any better at THEIR badges restocking, sales, cash register they do these regularly but never get any better. Am I doing something wrong? Or, are npc employees set, so therefore I should probably hire new ones with actual skills?

As a side note, do other people's Sims seem to obsess over pets they don't own to an unhealthy degree? It seems this is especially true of family Sims! Lucy Burb just had her baby, but all she wants to do is play with her old dogs which Id foisted off on another Sim who then moved far away taking the five flower eating ruffians with him. Note to Lucy: babies need love too!