Original objects that cause crashing?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Stello, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Stello

Stello New Member

Original objects that cause crashing?

Has anyone else had a problem with any particular ORIGINAL objects?

There's a certain garden lamp that is one of the original objects, and everytime I try to use it and save, the game just crashes..

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: Original objects that cause crashing?

Probably there is one item that hasn't copied fully. I recommend you locate the file and verify it using the Transmorgrifer at http://www.lushcreations.com

3. Stello

Stello New Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Never faced such a problem

5. RentechD

RentechD New Member

I have had that happen now and then - I suspect that is why Maxis suggests that before installing the game and/or any expansion you defrag your HD. WHne this happens it is either an object that did not fully copy (and therefore is 'corrupt') or the data for the object is splinted into one or more sections by a badly fragmented HD. When I check an object in tmog and it seems fine (and it will clone with out locking up as a verification) I check with disk defragmenter in system tools and have it anaylize the HD I have my sims on. About 99.99% of the time it turns out I have a drive that needs defragging. Defragging the drive usually solves the problem.

If your drive is fragmented and is more then 50% fragmented I would suggest a sims reinstall after a defrag to really clean up your problems

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I had trouble with the original game object of the white polar bear rug Freezing my sims who were doing the toasting/kissing thing on it... they unfroze by themselves mysteriously when I installed Unleashed though, maybe it was the fragmented file thing and the new installation replaced it?? I should defrag more often.... heh

7. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Maybe I should do that...

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I always run defrag (or rather speeddisk in Norton Utilities, in my case) before any major installation and after an uninstall too.

Also I maintain and run it about every other week anyway. :)