Troubleshooting "Ownership" of Diploma/Degree

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by DuzzyGirl, Oct 28, 2005.

1. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

"Ownership" of Diploma/Degree

Here’s the deal, I have Uni and NL. I’ve installed the patch. I played for a while. Downloaded a bunch of stuff. Started having “issues” with some of the downloaded houses as they came with hacked objects that I did not want. I decided to delete my Sims2 folder and start from scratch.

I went about my business, downloaded a few new clothes, hairstyles, etc. NO houses. Will not do that anymore. I hate downloading houses with hacks attached. Anyhow, back to original issue . . . I created two YA in CAS, played them through Uni, graduated them, moved each of them into different houses in Pleasantview. They are engaged. He invited her over, proposed marriage right there, she brought her money and degree with her. With her cash I was redecorating the home a bit. I hung her degree and his degree in the office.

I went about my business, played a few Sim days and just decided to have Lamberto “view” the degrees. Well, the first one was Danya’s. So, I went on to the next one, it was Danya’s as well. I know she didn’t have two in her inventory. I also know that I pulled one out of his and hung it on the wall.

I searched the site and a couple others and couldn’t find anything.

What gives? :confused:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Your game is probably confused. You could try reading them again, just to see if it was a momentary glitch.

Not sure what else to suggest.

3. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I hope it's a something glitch. Not that it really matters, I guess. It still recognizes that he is a Uni grad in the panel. After he read them and I realized they both said they were Danya's, I tried to put either one in his inventory, they were both no-gos.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Guess they'd better stay married then. :p

But the diploma is just a piece of pixellated vellum, anyway. Before we had inventory the diploma stayed behind when the sim moved, and it didn't make him any less graduated.

So really, it's just for show.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

There was a problem with diploma ownership that the patch was billed as curing. Seemingly it didn't work in your case. I've lost at least 3 diplomas since NL came out. For some reason I just kinda forget them until it's too late .... it is a real oops situation and no-one's fault but mine :eek:

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Mine leave their diplomas hanging on someone else's walls all the time when they meet someone and move out. Too bad the friend or family they left behind can't mail them to the new address. Now there's a thought. Postal service. We have a mailman but we can't mail packages around. ;) Anyway, I've decided to just keep the diplomas in the backpack until I'm sure they've settled down in a house to stay. As if it mattered. :p