Troubleshooting Parents won't get out of bed...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, May 14, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Parents won't get out of bed...

They were sleeping with the zzzzz's, the toddler woke up but his needs weren't great so I let them sleep a little, when I looked again, the z's were gone, their energy was all the way up but they wouldn't wake when I clicked off the bed in the upper left corner. I tried clicking on the bed and it won't let me click, says no action available. I tried just saying "go here", but of course it won't work while they are asleep. Although, they look awake, they are not moving. Meanwhile, the child is awake and getting hungrier and needs to use the potty. Everything else is moving along. How do I get the parents to wake up, move, etc. I saw in the archives where some Sims froze in the hot tub and it said to delete them with "move objects", but that's all it said. Would you save or not after that, because how would I get them back? Plus how do I delete them---bed and all or...?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

save the game , turn on the cheat move objects on , go into buy mode and delete all three and exit the lot.
    Now go back into the lot and they should standing by the mailbox.
    You can also turn on the cheat maxmotives (can't remember if it requires "on" at the end or not) and their needs will all fill up full .

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I used "moveobjects" and went into buy mode then (with my heart in my mouth! lol) deleted the bed with the parents in it (I left the child in the crib), saved the game, went to the neighborhood and went back. I forgot I had put "go here" on both of them when I was trying to wake them so they ended up by the mailbox alright but were instantly dashing from there to the spot I marked--ha! But it worked! Thanks :D

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I've had to unfreeze the a few times now, and other couples too. At least I know how to do it, but I don't know what's causing it. :)

5. swmeek

Are you using a lot of custom content with the sims and their lot ?

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

It doesn't seem to be happening any more, but what do you mean by "custom content"?

7. swmeek

non EA hair , clothes, building objects, etc anything you might have downloaded and installed into the game that did not come from the game or from the sims2.com