Troubleshooting Patch zip file--where do I extract it to?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 1, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I downloaded all the patches and they are in zip files. I installed the Double Deluxe and was planning on installing the patches for Sims 2 and Nightlife. Just realized that when I go to extract the patch it wants to know where I want it to go. I have no idea. Right now the zip file is under my documents in a file by itself labeled Patches. I just don't know which choice to use in this case. I thought it was supposed to just go where it needed to be when opened, but don't see how now. I can't find an option to just unzip. So should I just have it extracted to that same file? The "extract to here" option?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It doesn't matter where you extract it to as long as it isn't in the EA Games folder. You can unzip them in your Patches folder and then do the double click on the icon from there. It's the TS2 patch icon that will then put the patch where it needs to go.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, gotcha. They are under Documents-->SIMS2Stuff-->Patches. The SIMS2Stuff folder is one I made to keep my Sims 2 photos and drafts for the blog.

4. KatAnubis

That sounds like a good place for it. I have something similar on my harddrive. (I have a specific harddrive that has all the stuff I've saved from TS2 and TS3 on it. That way it doesn't take up room on my tiny C: drive where the programs themselves have to go. Someday I may switch to a bigger C: drive, but I like my ultrafast C: drive.)

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I'm not sure if my C drive is small or large; says capacity 586 G. Sounds big to me, but it's almost 3 years old. I have MyBook to store things on, but I use that for a general backup each day. I use flash drives for backups to Sims 2.

6. KatAnubis

Your C: drive is large. Mine is only 125G (which boils down to about 90 gb after it's enabled.) So, yours is actually pretty big.