PC Faster Gaming Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brandon J Golden, Nov 16, 2008.

1. PC Faster Gaming Question

Is there any extra drivers or anything that would make games play much more faster on Windows XP (Media Edition)?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

That would depend . Sometimes some video drivers will help a game run better.
    Usually game patches will help in some cases but your best bet is to learn how to turn off any background processes (programs running in the background) that you don't need while you game.
    Personally I turn off my firewall.anti-virus,spyware detector and internet connection for any games that don't need internet connection to play.
    This frees up any ram resources that games usually need to load faster .
    If you're more of a pc enthusiast then learning how to overclock your system (if it's possible) can make your system run faster.
    Some motherboards though are not overclockable though especially systems like the cheaper Dell's and HP's.
    Another good thing to do is keep your system regularly cleaned up by running Crap Cleaner, your disk defragmenter utility and a good registry cleaner can help make your system run faster.
    Cleaning out your hard drive of any old programs or things you don't or backing them up to a external hard drive will help your hard drive by not having to search through a bunch of old corrupted stuff.

3. Its a downloaded game that requires internet connection. I haven't cleaned out the registry, maybe ill try that. I'm just trying to help my brother out getting games to run faster. Thanks for the info swmeek. :)