How Do I pets or nightlife?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sims2, Nov 26, 2006.

1. sims2

sims2 New Member

pets or nightlife?

Ok, I am getting another expansion for christmas, probably pets or nightlife. Of your own opinions now, which would you go for? I maybe will ave both but i am only having just one for christmas i think. And i am undecided on which to have as they seem to be great, both of them=D

2. star_gazer49

star_gazer49 New Member

i would get pets!

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I would go for Nightlife. It adds so much to the game and it's earlier than Pets in the order of installation, so it will be easier to add Pets afterwards. If you get Pets now and buy Nightlife afterwards, you will have to reinstall in the correct order so it's easier to buy Nightlife first, in my opinion.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I agree to get nightlife, not to mention that the patch it out for nightlife already and pets has some bugs that haven't been fixed yet. Go for nightlife.

5. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

I say go for Nightlife. Pets doesn't really add any new features into the game - no new interactions, no new sub neighbourhood, no new..gameplay, er, stuff- just plain boring pets. I wouldn't recommand you get that if you prefer dramas and stuff in your game. Whereas for nightlife, you get a new funky lil' downtown, you have cars, you have vampires, dates and the annoying Mrs Crumplebottom freak of nature and everything - So if you want pets, get Pets. If you want cars, get Nightlife. If not, forget it :)

6. sims2

sims2 New Member

I think both look awesome but i think nightlife comes first:) Thanks for the tip about installation! :) But i wouldnt have thought anything different would happen if you installed that before.
    Well i have ordered nightlife=D
    What's this about being able to use cars?

7. joeySimzee

Haha, your sims are able to buy and drive their own cars to downtown in Nightlife :D You can choose from a wide variety of beautiful cars and you can build a garage for it. Pretty neat, in my opinion. It's one of the coolest new features in Nightlife - which is why Nightlife is so much better than Pets :p

8. sims2

sims2 New Member

Do you actually drve the cars?
    How awesome=D

9. joeySimzee

Yea! So be glad that you ordered nightlife :D

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

No, you don't actually drive the cars. You sim hops in and drives off the lot, then the lot loading screen comes up and you're there!

11. sims2

sims2 New Member

oh right, but a car goes in your garage though right=D?
    I read reviews and a lot have not seemed to have like this game very much:S

12. joeySimzee

Haha yea but at least you get to see the sim drive the car (out of the garage and disappear off the edge of the screen) for a few seconds before it goes to the loading screen :p

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And you can sit in it and listen to the radio.

14. sims2

sims2 New Member

Oh so that means more music=D? wow i love te music on the sims!!
    I believe on the actual stereo, music can vary aswell too on there can it?
    And do you actually hear the karaoke machine playing too?

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The sims sing along, and depending on their creativity level they either stink or sound pretty hot. What's funny is when a high creativity sim sings with a low creativity sim. You pretty much have to plug your ears.

There's also a disco booth where your sim can DJ, again it depends on how creative they are, but they can make a lot of money that way. Spike the vampire is a rockin' DJ. (He just doesn't do days.)

Or does the booth come with Uni? So hard to keep track ...

16. joeySimzee

And your sims can woohoo (or is it make out? I forgot, LOL :D) in there :)

17. GreenDayFan

GreenDayFan New Member

I vote pets!

But if your looking for a cute and fun game, go for pets! :)

18. Colfax

Colfax New Member

Is it a hassle to get Nightlife after i already have Pets? Do i uninstall Pets and reinstall the stuff in order? DO you have to do that?

19. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Answers to your questions, in order:
    Yes!
    Yes!!
    Yes!!!
    :D

20. Colfax

Colfax New Member

Will all the content i've done in pets save? or do i do the thing where i copy it and then delete the old file in my documents (after i copy) and it stays