Troubleshooting ***phone Help!***

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lz1017, Dec 11, 2005.

1. lz1017

lz1017 New Member

***phone Help!***

i have the sims 2 (no expansions) and i recently downloaded some fully furnished lots from the sims 2 website. now when i click on the phone, there is no option to call a sim! the only options available are transportation, work, emergency, services, and delivery. i have already deleted the new phone recolors that came with the downloaded lots, and even downloaded the content manager for the sims so i could disable the phone recolors, but nothing seems to work. can someone please help me? it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

There's been a lot of discussion lately in this forum about the troubles that downloaded lots bring to your game because all kinds of hidden hacks can be attached to the lots. :( It's not that the creator of the lot intended to include the hacks, they just piggy back whether it's intended or not. I suggest removing the downloaded lots and trying your game again.

3. lz1017

lz1017 New Member

i removed the downloaded lots but the phone still does not have the option to call a sim. thanks for the advice though

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Have you tried starting the game without the packaged lots and downloads folders?

Go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

resize the window so that you can see some of the desktop and then drag the folder called Downloads onto the desktop.

do the same for the folder called Packaged Lots

Then start the game ... :)

If that does the trick you can put back the pachaged lots folder after deleting all the files inside it.

As for the downloads folder ... you will have to experiment before you can find the problem package.

NOTE Is the problem "global" (does it affect all sims in all houses)? Or is just affecting one or two sims (or one or two houses)? If the problem is local it may be incurable if a bad hack has actually corrupted a sim's memories.

5. lz1017

lz1017 New Member

thank you so much for the help...it worked!

and fyi...it was a global problem

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Glad it helped.

EVERYONE NOTE
    When you download a lot remember the following warnings:
    • Lots (houses etc) can and often do contain unwanted items. These may be quite innocent some nice wallpaper but more often it is a modified Maxis made game object and these will almost always ruin your game
    • The exchange on the official Sims 2 Website is the safest place to get new houses. But please take careful note of houses with warning triangles that tell you if a house contains any custom content. I never download houses with custom content ... it's too much trouble to get rid of them.
    • Finally ... deleting (bulldozing) a problem lot will not remove the hacks that are causing problems. You need to be more thorough than that! See my previous message.