Troubleshooting Please Read ### DIRECTX 9.0C PROBLEM SOLVED##

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by holgers, Sep 22, 2004.

1. holgers

holgers New Member

Please Read ### DIRECTX 9.0C PROBLEM SOLVED##

this is a note for the Failed to find a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter error

i was on my computer for 10 hours trying to sort it and finally i did ,,,

the problem is directx 9.0 has been installed wrong .. what i did was format my hard drive reinstall everything then install direct 9 before u install the game,,,i didnt install windows service pack 2 either... and the problem was sorted

maybe give it ago

2. Gebbinn

Gebbinn New Member

You my friend have discovered one of the most basic, simple solutions to 90% of all computer problems. Reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling windows will fix SO many problems, its not even funny. I am the lead Technician for a local computer company, so i have quite a bit of experience with computer repair, and you would not believe how many times we do a Reformat/Reinstall to fix problems that other local companies have created by trying to "Fix" other problems. I myself reformat my hard drive at a minimum every 2 months, just for maintenance. Sometimes I do it more often if I end up with one of those nasty things the internet so enjoys putting on my computer, even through the firewalls, adware blockers and antivirus software.. the people who make these things are good.. too good.

Anyway, the problem people have with reformatting and reinstalling is that only about 5% of all computer owners ever actually back up thier data, so when they run into a problem that calls for a R/R, they are screwed because much of their important data stands a chance of being permanently lost.

So, welcome to the answers my friend, good to see you here!!!