Pregnancy

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Cool_Diva, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

Pregnancy

Pregnancy does anyone know what happens to a sim when she is about to give birth does she get rushed off to the delivery room?

2. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Yes she does, no one else not even the player gets to go but she comes back a day or two later and then gets maternity leave if she works.

3. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

Thanks afropower234 for your help. It's good that they get maternity leave because if not the baby would be taken away by the social worker unless someone was at home with it.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

shifting thread to General Discussion.

5. afropower234

I know it is cool they get leave cause in Sims1 if you had a baby someone would have to get fired so the baby could be raised.

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

In sims 1 I just had the parents take turns taking one day off, as long as your sim didn't miss two days of work in a row they didn't have to lose their job to take care of the baby.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

... and the 2nd child was even easier cos the first could do all the care ... so long as they put in 6 hours a day at the books their grades wouldn't even suffer.

8. GangstaPrincess

GangstaPrincess New Member

since u all tlkin bout sims... it seems 2 baffle me....:bunny: dnt watch ma siggy its looks rubbish me zi wrkin on it

9. MarsBarr

MarsBarr New Member

Well you first know your pregnant when the female sim rushes off to the bathroom for morning sickness:p which might not be all so pleasant, for i have seen a picture of a pregnant sim with her head in the toilet. But once three days of pregnancy has occured she gets rushed to the hospital for a couple of days and comes back with a newborn.

10. afropower234

Can someone explain how "morning sickness" will work in the game? Will it be graphic? (Crosses fingers and toes hoping it won't)

11. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

I think so, i've heard that they are sick down the loo until they're pregnant. Maybe it will be more graphic than we think. It won't be nice if it is.

12. afropower234

is a loo a toilet?

13. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

yes. a loo is a toliet.

14. afropower234

15. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

Sorry I should have said Toilet.

16. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

I was just wondering how do you get pictures under your name?

17. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

click user cp
    then click edit options
    go to bottom and there is something about the avatar. thats how u pick it.

18. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

sorry if im acting like a hardass, but plz keep questions like that to their respective forums. that would more belong in a place like Coffeehouse or vbulletin.

also, iirc you had to have 700 posts before you could use your own avatar. sure you can use what josh has in the gallery. but if you have a custom avatar such as ff4e's avatar, youll have to get those posts up (no spam).

19. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

I wonder if the pregnant sim will have cravings for things?

20. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

im pretty sue she would. thats one of the most obvious and most cliched attribute of someone who's pregnant. wouldnt doubt it being in the game at all.