Preliminary System Requirements: FAKE

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by narfismX, Sep 13, 2003.

1. narfismX

narfismX New Member

Preliminary System Requirements: FAKE

I emailed Maxis. They seem to believe the information posted on this website is false! Interesting.

This is not to dissapoint anyone, but rather to stop people from wasting money. People might believe that they are true and upgrade theyre PC, then find out 1. They didnt need to, or 2. They still havnt got what they need.

I dont know whether this was WorldSims cry for attention, or if they were actually fooled by someone who sent an email to them.

If you dont believe me, go ahead, send an email to Maxis (you can from EA.com , go to help, go to ask a question, and makes sure you tick Non-Technical Issues).

I bet not many people will get to read this before my post is deleted, seeing as how WorldSims wouldnt want theyre lie to be seen as what it is, I guess.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Narf,

Luc Barthelet of Maxis emailed us with that information. If you want to dispute it fine. Next time I suggest you contacting MAXIS instead of EA Support.

Even though EA owns Maxis, Contacting EA Support is DIFFERENT than contacting Maxis since they only do troubleshooting.

All the lab work and programming of The Sims 2 is left in the hands of Maxis, hence different department.

Suggestion: contact someone with a "Maxis.com" domain or "EA.com" domain rather than "support.ea.com" domain

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If you wanted to let people know this because you thought you were helping people why make your post so antagonistic? :eek:

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Is that being directed at me Faeluna?

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

No, it was to the person who started the thread! They seemed pretty antagonistic to me like they were trying to start trouble and push buttons and get people upset! I thought you handled it well. :D

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

here! here!

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

narf, if you are trying to hurt the ppl on world sims and accuse of a wrong explanation, we r not cuz we aint ppl who want to make sure EVERYTHING is correct