Troubleshooting Pretty Please With Cherrys On Top

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by smittyjr120, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smittyjr120

smittyjr120 New Member

Pretty Please With Cherrys On Top

Hi,

Before i even get into my problem let me apologize. I have only been a member of this site for maybe about 15 hours but it has seem like an eternity. I have searched this entire place for a solution to my problem and have come up with nothing needless to say. However reason for my apology is because i have no choice but to ask that dreaded question that everyone has been asking more than anything. Now Before i ask it im pretty sure You probably already know wat it is. I dont even know if im asking it n the right place but before you critisize me please take in consideration i have only been a member for maybe 15 hours. So Here is I am getting the stupid DirectX problem n before u ask yes my computer meets all the requirments and i have done everything. I have followed every guideline that has been given i have look at all the forums to see similar problems n everything.Could someone please help me!!!!! As i notice all the problems regarding this subject has been posted quite a while ago so i dont kno if that means u guys have found a solution or people have just given up but i have never had this problem it has always run smooth but when my computer crash i got a new one and this problem occured

HELP ME PLEASE ANYONE :(

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You searched so much that didn't find the FAQ :eek: That was really a long search ... :rolleyes:

And yeah I am feeling mean.

There's even a helpful link to the FAQ in my signature ... but I bet you just get pissed off and don't bother to check them.

3. smittyjr120

smittyjr120 New Member

Sorry to have upset u Mirelly N ur right i have been getting a little impatient but all i ask for was help i didnt think that was a crime but i will do as u say.... OH YEA I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THAT :confused: But if it means anything to u i will delete the post that i made

Thanks Anyway Meant Alot To Me ;)

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Come on give us a break ... here's the question from the FAQ that you need to read ... :rolleyes:

I'm in the UK and going to bed now, so someone else will help you when you post the needed information.

5. smittyjr120

smittyjr120 New Member

Fortunately for me i dont take this as serious as u do:p, honestly i was just asking for help and if u thought that my question was Stupid or if i was incompetent for asking, it would have probably done best for u to ignore the question. In all seriousness i didnt want to cause any inconvenience for anyone and thats including u. Once again i do apologize if i have however, but thanks alot for ur help and i really do mean that not trying to be sarcastic at all. :)

THANKS A BUNCH MIRELLY I REALLY MEAN IT;););)

p.s. sorry the first time we talked had to be under these circumstances im sure u r a joy to chat with hope things r better later no hard feelings.:D

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

So are you going to follow this post that Mirelly told you to? Or don't you need help anymore?

7. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Smitty. No body can help unless you post your computer specs. Every Computer has different problems.;). No one is giving you a hard time. We can't read minds:rolleyes: . However, the link that was pointed out has been given thousands of times. So yes it does get boring when people ask a question and don't give info on what the problem is. We are not vets. We need feed back on the problem. :)

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

'S funny ... I can read minds. I just knew that Smitty was a troll right from the off. All that scat about a long search! It just rang every alarm bell in my head. Basically Smitty is the kind of guy who posts a question and then refuses point-blank to acknowledge any further queries. It's a case of diagnose my problem based on this and to hell with you if you can't. The smiling face conceals a mindset composed of paranoid delusions. (He won't tell us anything about his computer because he thinks we might hack into it.)

9. smittyjr120

smittyjr120 New Member

I really do believe u are taking this way to far. I was Truely sincere about wat i wrote n i didnt mean for ne confusion to have come of all of this. To my knowledge i do believe that i put that i was new at this. Besides your right i do believe you guys arent mind readers n i know that there was going to have to be give n take in order to fix my problem but the reason y i didnt list my computer specs was that i had a friend help me with the problem already... not saying that u guys couldnt have done it i just find it a tad bit easier to have someone one talking to u n person rather than responding in messages seeing as that u cant help everyone at the same time. However i do remember asking mirelly if it would be better to just delete my message and just have no one respond. I truley believe that u guys arent trying to give me a hard tyme n i would get a lil upset too if people ask the same questions a billion tymes over but someone correct me if im wrong If u think a person is a "TROLL" as mirelly thinks of me although she knows absolutely nothing about me, before we even exchange words wouldnt it just do best to ignore that person i mean honestly does anyone think the name calling and all of the rude statements about me being delusional and paranoid are necessary i dont think it helps the situation none. However inspite all of the RUDE comments Mirelly i still think highly of u, i know that u are just trying to help n sometimes the questions could start to get really redundant so if anyone understand its me. Also i really did take your advice Mirelly and it deemed to be very helpful so thanks alot. i really do appreciate the comments and interest in helping solve my problems Odinmoon, thanks.

p.s. No Mirelly i dont think u are going to hack into my computer if u really want my specs i would gladly give them to u so that u can further assist me with my situation, thats only if u wanted to i would never demand anything of u. thanks again:D

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

So where are those computer specs? Are you going to post them, or are you intent on confirming your troll status. I must say that a polite troll is a pleasant diversion from the usual cuss-wordy sort. Your restraint is to your credit. Conversely your obsinacy in failing to supply information that we are asking for in order to actually help you is merely irritating.

Please read and then act on upon the information contain in THIS LINK (this is the internet and you will actually have to click the link -- the words are even in a helpfully different colour and underlined just to help make sure people don't miss seeing them. It all started when this very nice English man called Tim Berners Lee ....)

You're not really interesting in all of that though, are you? ;)

11. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

You make it sound like the problem is fixed?

But then you ask for help again... without posting your system specs. :rolleyes:
    So either you want to waste time or you're just being a pain. :eek:

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Kudos to you flameback for actually reading smitty's rambling block of text. I merely scanned through it to establish that he hadn't buried the system specs in there somehow. I'd hate to be guilty of poking someone who had, at least, tried to follow some simple instructions.

Actually I am enjoying this. I am busy developing things nicely in my new neighborhood and everytime I shut down the game to give my poor puter's chips a chance to recrystallise back into solid form (after first pulling themselves out of the melted pool under the desk :p ) I pop in here to see what's occurring. If it isn't some bozo trying to flog cell phones and plasma TVs it's a politely inscrutable soul begging for help with a what appears to be a bowl of cherries.

However I never take things at face value. Just because he tells us that those are cherries on the top, there is no reason to assume that what those sweet, sweet fruits conceal is equally wholesome and yummy. Me? I am thinking of the scatalogical deposits of our cud-chewing, bovine brethren. (Needless to say lady cattle don't do that sort of thing :rolleyes: )

13. smittyjr120

smittyjr120 New Member

To answer your questions flameback i didnt say the problem was fixed thats only wat u assumed i merely stated that my friends help me n by help i mean diagnose it for me however we didnt get into ne solutions. So if u think u want to go around quoting me to confirm that m being some type off pain or thast im wasting your time then i really think u need to get your facts in order. N i think i have been more than polite to u mirelly only to find that u still give me crap and all of your BS logic about delusions and bowls of cherry never saying anything like ok i see u are trying to make some type of amends so lets go from there, u just babel along about wat u think about me which i could really care less about at this point i really dont want anyones help who definetly doesnt want to give it without having some smart comment attached to the end if u dont want to help because u just want to help me then just say so all of this back and forth arguing is very unnecessary but as i say all the time never meant to cause ne confusion so i do apologize for that part. Mirelly thanks for your help i appreciate it.

p.s. I think i wanna hear the Tim Berners if u didnt mind sharing of coarse

AND WITHOUT FURTHER A DO I PRESENT TO ALL MY COMPUTER SPECS

<snip> dxdiag dump removed by Mirelly because so much useless information is offensive.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sigh ... why does it always happen to me?

If you had bothered to check the FAQs and in particular the link that I gave you, then you would have seen how to post the information we need. It is actually less bothersome for me to do this than it is to sift through that heap of garbage looking for something you should have found for me.

If you need someone to wipe your arse then you are in the wrong place.

I have snipped out the dxdiag dump you posted and I am re-uploading it as an attachment ... (a) because I can, and (b) because I refuse to look at the contents in search of the salient points.

Also you failed to describe your problem and since I am too idle to scroll up the screen to read again your original whinge (decorated with phoney canned fruit) you'll just have to post properly or not at all.

I suspect you will tire and go away ... eventually. (Or maybe I am just hoping you will.)

I'll help anyone, but I refuse to risk getting drowned to save someone who has welded their boots to the deck of the Titanic.

Perhaps, now more than ever it is time for you to click >>> THIS LINK

You will also need to be prepared to read it and to follow the instructions therein. If you can't do that then there is no point in offering my advice (or anyone else trying to help either) because there would be scant evidence that you would able to comprehend it ... let alone be able to act upon it.

Attached Files:

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Definitive End To This Silliness

You have: Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III CPU 1133MHz

1133MHz is 1.1GHz

You have: Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller

The game requires: 82865, 82915, and better

82815 is not better. Besides which if you are trying to run the game on Intel Extreme Graphics Controllers you need a minimum 2.4GHz processor to run the game ... you have less than half that.

You have 254MB memory.

The game requires 256MB ... the difference would not matter if your processor and graphics controller were up to scratch but that is the final straw. Your PC is utterly unable to handle running the game.

I could have told you that immediately, if you had posted properly in the first place. I forgave you for your original mistake (but not your arrogance/ignorance in claiming to have spent time searching for an answer). The FAQs aren't that hard to find.

This thread is now closed.

You are welcome to post again on any other topic. And you are welcome to World Sims. I am not angry with you. I am frustrated by your obtuseness.

It helps greatly, when participating in web forums (as opposed to chat rooms) to pay close attention to what is given as a reply. You should have paid attention when I was dissing you "behind your back" becuase that was a clear signal that your behaviour was frustrating, uncooperative and irritating.

Tim Berners Lee
    <<<< IT'S A LINK, CLICK IT, Mr. LEE INVENTED THEM, YOU MIGHT AT LEAST TAKE A MOMENT TO LEARN ABOUT HIM (You could've done for the search yourself, you know, do you know what a search engine is?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.