Troubleshooting Problem after Installation

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Buckley77, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

Problem after Installation

I'm new here, so please be kind.

After I installed Sims 3 I click on start to launch the game. everything started fine but when I get to the main screen all the text is all solid. You can see the different sizes of each letter, it is just all solid blocks. I ran a system test through this checker http://www.ea.com/games/the-sims-3 and everything came out above the requirements. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if maybe there is an issue with the type of vid. vard I have. I have this card asus ah3650 silent/htdi/512m raedon hd 3650 128-bit gddr2 agp card. Thanks.

EDIT: I also made sure I have the most recent drivers for the card and most recent version of Directx

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Hi Buckley! Welcome to our community!

Could you post up a dxdiag report for us to look at? :)

3. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

4. ManagerJosh

5. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

6. ManagerJosh

7. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

8. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

here is this as well. I hope it is what you need

Attached Files:

9. ManagerJosh

10. Buckley77

Buckley77 New Member

Thanks Josh. Apparently I did not have the current drivers. I went through the hardware device manager and that told me my drivers were up to date :confused:

So I used the link you gave and updated the ati catalyst drivers that way :D

I did have a little trouble after I installed them with the pc crashing a couple times and making my tv the main display device. but all is well now. Thanks again.

11. ManagerJosh

Sounds great! Hope you'll come back and share the rest of your Sims 3 simming adventures :D