Troubleshooting Problem with graphics

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Pezlord, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Pezlord

Pezlord New Member

Problem with graphics

HI. So, I resently installed Sims 2, bue the problem is that when I run it, after the initial video plays and the game loads the screen just goes black and the computer resets itself, supposedly because an issue with the grpahic or screen controller. I have an Intel Extreme Grpahics driver (or card). Does anyone n}know how can I make my game run? Thanks.

2. ironman36

ironman36 New Member

Intel extreme graphics. sounds like you have an on-board graphics card. do you?

3. Pezlord

Pezlord New Member

Yes I do. It came with the computer.

4. ironman36

ironman36 New Member

sorry took so long 2 respond.........OK, i advise you to get a graphics card. because usually on-board graphics are not compatable with most of today's pc games. when you get a graphics card, look for nVidia GeForce 4 and above : (64, 128, or 256 mb whatever) if your computer has an agp slot (which im sure it does)hint* look inside your computer and look for a brown slot. get the one that has AGP written on it. you can try BEST BUY maybe Wal-Mart, online, or any pc service store.

5. ironman36

ironman36 New Member

oh and if you don't like nVidia graphics cards (which I recommend) try ATI RAIDION graphics Cards. It's the same thing, different name, but lower price.

6. Pezlord

Pezlord New Member

I will definitely try that. Thanks a lot!