Troubleshooting Problem with installing sound\techno.package

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Cacoo, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Cacoo

Cacoo Sim person

Problem with installing sound\techno.package

So sorry, if this has been answered. I swear, I googled before asking but apparently, there are only about 4 of us in this world with this problem, and there has been NO ANSWER! :eek:

I'm installing Sims 2. And on Disk 4, it stops and says: " A problem occured when trying to transfer the file TSData\res\sound\techno.package from the media " and then ofcourse I have to stop the installation.

Help please. I seriously need to play this already. :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks!!

2. NickT88LSC

NickT88LSC New Member

I am getting the same error, anyone with an answer?? Very agrevating since it was installed pereviously and worked, but had a problem with seasons addition, so tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling.
    things I have done already,

1) Got computer healthy, updated video drivers, done microsoft updates, virus checks, defrag.
    2) Tried in someone elses computer and they all worked.
    3) Deleted folder where normally installs, tried reinstall, same thing.
    4) Tried installing at another location, No good!!

??????????????

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

4. NickT88LSC

NickT88LSC New Member

I originally tried that yesterday before even reading that, but it would not copy, I just tried again, same error, I attatched the screen print of the error. At this point I am gonna have to guess that the DVD drive is more sensative to scratches than my brother in laws (installed on his computer fine), or the DVD drive has a problem. I have tried all the fixes I have found, but it sdeems to not only be a install preoblem since I cant copy the files either??

Any other insight????

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

All I can say is clean and clean the disk again and keep at it. Normally when you get that error, it's an issue with the disk (or your cd/dvd drive) itself not reading correctly.