Troubleshooting Problem with Pets items? Please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lynn98, Oct 16, 2010.

1. lynn98

lynn98 New Member

Problem with Pets items? Please help!

I have Windows 7. All of my Sims 2 expansions, etc. are perfectly ligitimate. I do occasionally use Boolprop and move object cheats, and sometimes kaching, but not much else. I do take caution before trying new cheats. I've gotten all the patches for TS2 and my expansions: Nightlife, Seasons, Pets, & Bon voyage.

This problem has been going on since I installed the game. I'll try to buy any item for a pet (a food bowl or scratching post, etc.) and it's invisible. It charges my sims a few Simleons, they get the "What's This?" action, but they can't otherwise interact with it. This happens with every pet-specific item except for the 2 cheapest pet houses. I can buy them, pets can sleep in them, but when pets try for puppies/kittens, they get stuck! They'll go in, the door will close, and they just sit there. I have to use move_objects on to get my pets back!

Is there anything I can do? I've already tried reinstalling the games, but it doesn't work. Please help!