Troubleshooting Problems Installing Content from Sims Store

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Sophia Clarice, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Sophia Clarice

Sophia Clarice New Member

We can't seem to install anything we download from the store and I don't know why. I can download everything fine, but then when I try to install anything, it says it installs but doesn't show up in the game, and it lets me install it more than once, so obviously it didnt actually install. It's really frustrating, please help!

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Check on your launcher. It should say whether it has installed or not. You can "install" it multiple times, so that's not a test of whether it has installed or not. You need to check the game itself to see if it has installed (although it should say in the launcher if it has installed or not.)

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

The easiest way for me to install CC is to open the downloads folder in your sims 3 folder under (my)Documents, electronics arts , sims 3 and drag and drop the files or copy and paste them there.
    Then start up the launcher and install them from there.

4. Sophia Clarice

Okay I'll try that swmeek.

5. swmeek

Are you from the U.S. as I've heard some overseas simmers have had problems with Store CC?

6. Sophia Clarice

I am from the U.S. but I'm still having trouble. Where do you drag the downloads?

7. Sophia Clarice

Oh so how do you drag the CC to the downloads folder?

8. swmeek

OK my bad CC from the store installs directly with the launcher .
    I was thinking of CC from some where like The Sims Resource where you would get it in a zipped file .
    Here's something you might look at .
    http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:EADM_Issues
    Personally I don't have the EADM installed on my computer so I don't any issues with it.
    Not to sound mean or nasty but this is content you've payed for and not off one of the pirate sites ?
    Also make sure your game is fully patched too.

9. Sophia Clarice

It's okay, yes I paid for the content. How do I know it is fully patched?

10. swmeek

If you have the EADM installed click on the launcher where it checks for updates.
    It will tell you whether it's up to date or not.
    You might also go in to your (my)Documents/electronic arts/sims 3 folder and delete all 4 of the cache files in there and see if it helps.
    If none of this helps try the sims 3 support people or maybe the sims resource sims 3 help forum. www.thesimsresource.com

11. Sophia Clarice

Thanks, after I deleted all 4 of the cache files it now works!

12. swmeek

Some times it's an easy fix and some times it's not.
    Glad you got it working and on a normal basis I delete those files every time I play the game.