Troubleshooting Problems installing Nightlife?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JohnEZ, Sep 17, 2005.

1. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Problems installing Nightlife?

Hi folks,

I bought Nightlife today. Each time I try to install it, it'll get to 50% or so then give me an error saying the following:

"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'D:\TSBin\TS2UPD.exe' from the media."

Then it gives me the option to cancel or to retry the installation. By hitting "retry" over and over I have gotten it up to 81% (which is where I am now) on the first CD.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what I should do? I might try it in my other CD drive if this doesn't work.

Suggestions? Returning is a last resort.

Thanks,
    John

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

John, have you tried copying the game to your hard drive and installing it from there?

3. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

No actually I haven't. Thanks, I'll try it. I'll let ya know the results :)

4. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Well it didn't work, unfortunately. :( Still has problems installing that file.

...isn't that the patch, though? Another question, let's say I uninstall TS2 and TSU again, then try to install TS2 and NL in that order. Will my computer panic if I try to install TSU third? Or is TS2 unlike TS in this respect?

Thanks,
    John

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

So, did you start the NL install over a clean copy of TS2 and TS2U? Sometimes things have been changed in the game (either through bad saves that corrupt things enough to make additional installs a problem before they otherwise mess up a game, and also things like the CEP change the game so that without a reinstall from start there can be a problem) that interfere with the installation of an EP.

6. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Yes, I did. After it didnt work the first time, I completely took everything out of my downloads folder. After that didn't work, I removed both of the game and did fresh installs.

I think I'm going to be taking it back to exchange it tomorrow, hopefully the next CDs won't be so problematic :)

-John

7. pooodle

pooodle New Member

not the CDs

I had the same problem, it stopped at 51% while downloading, and i clicked reply over and over again, but when it got to 100%, nothing happened. it just kept asking me to click reply or cancel. my friend has Sims 2 on her laptop and she successfully installed Nightlife using the same CDs that i tried to use, so i know it isnt a CD malfunction like everyone is saying. Any new ideas anyone??