Troubleshooting problems installing sims3pack downloads

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by HelloKit, Jun 26, 2009.

1. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

problems installing sims3pack downloads

Every time I try to install a download from the Exchange, the launcher/installer sits at 0% forever and my hard drive grinds away... until I finally give up and kill the installer via the task manager. The launcher then shows the content as installed, and sure enough it is, but the installer doesn't seem to be able to figure out when it's done doing its job. Since there's no indication of progress, I don't know how long to give it before killing the task manually, and I'm afraid with a larger download I may kill it prematurely and end up with corrupt content. Is there anything I can do to make the installer work correctly?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

There are some workarounds from using the launcher if you look around the net.
    I noticed over at Mod The Sims Delphy had put up some links to different sims 3 programs one of which installs Sims3 packs just like the Sims 2 clean pack installer.
    http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466