SimCity 4 Problems running the game

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Jakethedane, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Problems running the game

Hi all, I have posted some topics some time ago, about reinstalling the game after virus.
    I found out that the reason I couldnt reinstall the game, was simply because there was a big sctatch on the disc. DUH! I know, silly me.
    Anyway, I have bought a entire new game, with the 2 discs and all, and before I installed it, I made sure that there was no trace from the old game.
    Installation went fine, no problems, I started it up, no problem, then began to play....and my then my computer restarted!
    8 times this happened, so now my question is: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
    OMG, I have waited for so long to finally get the game to work, and now Im tat close and it just reboot! Please help me out here, I really need help, because i totally love this game

2. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

You did get all the patches from simcity.com, right? If not, get them.

Side note: The problem here may unfortunately be all or part of your computer also. What are the system specs?

3. Jakethedane

i got the EP1.dat patch, which is the only one there.
    Im not very good at the techical stuff, but here goes:

According to my PCWizard:
    AMD Athlon XP 2600 MHZ
    Physical memory 384 MB
    Video card: Nvidia Corp Geforce4 Integrated GPU
    harddrive 40 GB
    Windows XP, Updated yesterday
    direct x 9.0

these are the excact same specifications I had when the old game worked. In fact the old game worked fine with only 256 MB ram, now I have 384

4. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

System seems fine to me. The game can be picky about the audio drivers, too, at least from my experience. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your audio, though only tell me if they are updated or not. This is about to the extent that I can help you.

5. Jakethedane

thanks, but I already have the latest audio driver. The EA guys in Denmark told me to get it, and it didnt help. We also tried to close down applications before launching, but no.
    I have Cossacks II, Civ4, and 3 other huge games and they run fine. They all rewuire at least 700 MB of ram, I have 384 and no problem. Same thing with SC4
    This sucks