Programs help

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by VanDeGraff, Dec 3, 2002.

1. VanDeGraff

VanDeGraff New Member

Programs help

I am bringing my programs help here , so if anyone has or sees a question about using third party programs with the sims (categorizer, blueprint, SimTeen, etc) feel free to ask me here. I have noticed some opinions against discussing these programs on the maxis Sim Chat site, so I will no longer help anyone with downloads there.
    Also, if I may I'll exchange for help in doing things with other programs. Posers for instance. I'd like to know how to put sims in various poses and also turn a sim into an object. Id also like to know if there is a way for them to appear to not have arms, legs, etc, Even if the programming does not allow this.

2. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

That would be great
    Do u use simmetamorphser or something along that line from simwardrobe?
    When I change a head skin...the small head icon in the game becomes this upside down bald guy...
    how do i fix it?

3. Bryan

Bryan Member

you want to pose sims...goto simpose.com ;)

4. VanDeGraff

VanDeGraff New Member

Sim Metamorphoser

I have seen older sim editing programs cause these upside down faces. I think it is possible that Metamorphoser could cause it, but in a few months of using Meta on Hot Date, it has *not* happened to me. Are you using Meta with Unleashed? To my eyes it seems maxis has changed something about thumbnail images (the litle pics you see in your F1 live mode) which makes these errors all common again. I thought we had it licked when that GrowUp program disappeared.
    (though I must say, not sure if Gu caused it or not.. it's just the only way I've been able to produce this problem, since I dont have unleashed yet.)
    Currently the only program I have that changes faces is Metamorphoser itself. These programs usually delete thumbnail image references in the IFF files, and cause the game to re-generate them. In theory that should fix the problem, if it isn't the cause. I hope somebody else has a *better* idea than a hair of the dog that bit you.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I just webmaster......and I don't have to worry about such problems :D

6. Bryan

Bryan Member

umm...yeah
    \

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow thanks for volunteering to help with third party program troubles! :) maybe I'll finally learn how to use stuff... ;)

For making sims into objects, I would just take a screenshot of your sim, then use the transmogrifier to clone a statue and make a statue of your sim using the screenshot of them. :) :whitekitty:

8. lewdini

making sims into objects???
    whats the world coming to!!

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well, I think it would be fun to make a few of my sims into mannequins modeling my designs for use in the downtown stores... heh. ;)

10. lewdini

Heehee

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

What an excellent idea Fae, making your own mannequins. You could outdo the department stores for funky stuff.:D

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think it could be even more exciting to turn the sims 2 3D sims into statues! Maybe make BIG statues of the celebrity sims in my town and put them up in the public areas, haha!