Question about downloads

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sims2, Nov 9, 2006.

1. sims2

sims2 New Member

Question about downloads

I apologize if i am posting this is the wrong place!

As you know i managed to get downloads for my sims in the end. Most of the items have worked quite well on them. However i was wandering two things. What is best to click when saving a download onto your computer...do you guys normally click save or open? to files.
    Also, can you download as many items etc as you like as i have found that some things are not appearing on the game..but some things have. Like i downloaded several new sims..some in which i am actually using on the game..however the rest didnt save. I think i click save to my files when i save the downloads.
    I understand things get picked up as you play the game but i just generally need to know if im clicking the right thing or not:)
    Hope you dont mind me asking hehe.

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I click save, and I save it to a file I have on the desktop called "Downloads Holding," or something like that. Then every once in a while I delete everything in the folder so I have as little stuff as possible--it's unnecessary to keep the unzipped files. Then I click on the file that I've saved and it comes up in WinRAR, or whatever uh, unzipping program you have, and I save the real download into the Downloads folder.

If downloads aren't showing up in your game, it could be that you didn't put it in the right folder (don't mean anything offensive here, just saying what I know), or that the download just isn't compatible with whatever expansion pack you have. What expansion packs do you have? Also, some downloads require meshes, so make sure you download the mesh first, or the download won't show up. Oh, yes, there's also the Color Enabler Package, or CEP. It allows you to use recolors of Maxis-made objects, and Numenor, the creator, updates it every time a new EP comes out. You can find it at modthesims2.com.

3. sims2

sims2 New Member

I once had this box..where codes were being placed in. But i didnt realy understand that. Is that what you mean?
    However, i have noticed, when you click on a thing on the game where random alreay made upsims are on that file..i had new ones on there. Maybe i clicked the wrong thing on the actual game...as i have seen new characters recently. But thanks for that advice, as far as i know these downloads are only on my desktop.