SimCity 4 Questions

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Gromdal, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Gromdal

Gromdal New Member

Questions

I didnt played this game much and I have few questions.

Im playing SC4 normal, and 1st thing I want to know is how to make those residental zones grow into city buidlings not just houses. Im always putting highwelt industrial zones and in beging they grow into houses, that ok, but as the game progress only smal amount of zones develops into city buildings, and I want to have a city with scyscrapers :). Demand for highwealth residental zones is bad almoust all the time, cant tell why. My city is well coverd with elementary and high schools and has 1 coledge. So what can I do so those buildings start rising?

2nd questions is for industry. I want to have Hightech industry, and I have a good demand for it, but every time I zone high industrial area, high tech industry starts developing tehre until few dirty and manufactury industries also rises there, than pollution gets to high and hightech industries gets abodonded. Is tehre anyway to stop or limit development of Dirty and Manufacturing industry. And those that polution only comes from dirty industry and not manufacturing?

And finaly about comercial zones. I also always zone High comercial zones, demand for them is prety low in every single of my cities. After I while all zones gets filles with comercial buildings, but after some time all those building get abodonded and I have city block of abonded building, and it looks like iraquian city during ar and it sod amn ugly. So how to stop demand for comercial zones to get low?

Well this is it, I hope someone can help me :)

2. Volchok

Volchok New Member

Getting a city of skyscrapers takes a long time, first of all you need loads of demand particularly high wealth residential and high wealth commercial. You need enough jobs to support everyone in your city. Oh and to get more demand build hospitals, schools, landmarks, police stations etc. The zones you build must be high density. Remember that high density offices are skyscrapers too.

3. Volchok

Volchok New Member

Oh sorry, and as for the second question; yes there is a way, either just delete the dirty industry buildings when the pop up or simply raise the taxes of dirty and manufacturing industry to 20%