Troubleshooting Random crashes

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by oriental, Jul 19, 2009.

1. oriental

oriental New Member

Random crashes

Hi,

my PC desktop should meet the system requirements for Sims 3 but I have got random crashes. It just shuts down after a certain time.

The PC is 3 months old and I installed the latest drivers. It feels like it's completely random when it shuts down.

I forced Vsync on and have a framrate limiter (30fps) starting with the game. To minimize or exclude overheating I run EVGA Precision and have the fan speed at 100%. GPU Temperature in game is about 59-60°C.

My dxdiag is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for my English)

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Turn off vsync and the framerate limiter. When it 'shuts down' does the computer restart or does it just crash back to the desktop?

3. oriental

oriental New Member

It doesn't restart or crash to desktop. After this I have to boot the computer again manually. I had the same problem with Vsync off and no framelimiter.

4. Flameback777

I would be looking at either an overheating issue or that the PSU is dying or not up to the job.

5. oriental

oriental New Member

Thanks for the replies. I also thought of overheating and left the case open. Now I can play for a certain time and then it crashes to desktop. But this is better than before. The PSU came with the PC and I wonder if this could really be the cause.

6. Flameback777

If you have changed or installed any new hardware other than what came with the computer then it may be the PSU, but that can't be the problem if it happens less often with the case off.

60°C for a graphics card isn't overly hot, mine can hit 70°C after playing a game for a while.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

8. Flameback777

9. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Dang you just can't get the good help anymore! :ducks:

10. Dinko13

Dinko13 New Member

Hmm.. I have the same problem, but I don't quite understand the solution.

Can someone please explain it to me :D