Troubleshooting Random Graphics Issue That Started Tonight

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by m1keh4wk, Dec 29, 2009.

1. m1keh4wk

m1keh4wk New Member

Random Graphics Issue That Started Tonight

I've had this game since it came out. It's worked perfectly until I put in the new World Adventures expansion, and even then, it only crashed maybe 3 times in a week's time. I've gotten into the habit of saving alot and now I don't really have that many problems. But, tonight, all of a sudden I get this weird grid outline in my actual play area. My interface is fine. I can view all the information about my sim, but for some reason everything has all these little blue triangles that outline the objects in the game in a grid fashion. What's weird is, it even appears with all the blocks in the main menu.

Here are the things I've done so far:

-Upgraded from 2 gb to 8 gb of ram (did this well before the graphics glitch and it greatly improved my game's performance.) I'm running 64-Bit Windows Vista.

-Updated my ATI HD 3870 drivers

-Turned off Anti-aliasing in catalyst control center

-Tried minimum graphics in-game, as well as every possible resolution (even though my monitor is 1440x900 with refresh rate of 60hz and the game has run fine on that for months)

-Tried Windowed and Fullscreen mode

-Restarted the game, the computer

-Cleared cache files

-Tried running the game without objects downloaded from the online store

I don't have any mods or anything and both copies of the game (the original and the expansion) are legit direct-download copies. I'm about out of ideas. My PC far exceeds the minimum requirements for the game, and I don't know why it would do this all of a sudden. Any ideas?

DxDiag and screenshot of the glitch are attached.

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Checked what temperature your video card is running at? Use Speedfan or RealTemp to check.