Random Sim Death.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Nephthys, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Random Sim Death.

Yesterday whilst playing with my main Sim of the moment, Dinah Black, I took her to the community lot to carry out the obligatory clothing shop. However, when she arrived home after travelling in the taxi, she just dropped dead. For no reason at all. All of her bars were in the green and she wasn't ill - so I don't understand why her death would be so random.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Thankfully her husband Gerard was there to bargain for her life and allowed to her to live - but are random deaths part of Sim life?

It struck me as a bit unusual.

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

That's really weird! That has never happened to me before!I'll ask my friends about it they've been playing sims for a long time and know a lot of weird things.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It could be that she was sick.

4. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Look at my post.

She wasn't ill.

If she was ill/sick I could have understood her death.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

are you really sure? Cause when my sims were sick, all you really got was a notification, which could be easily overlooked..0

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I was also wondering if the sim affected maybe had the mystery illness (from the Science Career Reward) and maybe picked up a cold from the community lot ... or vice versa ... :(

7. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Can you just drop dead the instant you arrive home after picking up a disease on a Community lot, though?

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I meant to suggest that a sim who was already sick with a cold before he goes to a community lot and then gets a cold while there might be ready for the GR as soon as he get outa the taxi ... :p

9. Zootyzoot

Okay. But surely Nephthys would realise if her Sim had a serious illness? And surely the Sim's bars wouldn't be all green? I've never had a Sim with a serious illness so I'm guessing.

10. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

That would just be plain bad luck!! lol!

Thankyou for all your help :)

I'm really not sure what happened - maybe she did "contract" an illness at the community lot and I didn't realise it. At the time she may have been working in the Science career, at which point Mirelly's suggestion might come into play.

It hasn't happened since, thankfully, so it was either something I missed or the GR in my game is a little trigger happy, lol.

Thanks again.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

True. The only premature death I've had was a pregnant sim who dropped down dead with the omlettes burning and her hunger bar in the red. Maybe she'd have lived if she hadn't wasted 15 minutes complaining about how hungry she was (with an order to serve breakfast next in the queue ... and she was standing by the fridge!) She could even have been saved from death if her dumb and stupid husband hadn't wasted his opportunity to beg for her life by having a cow at the sight of a few flames.

12. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Indeed.
    A similar situation happened to me when one of my adult Sims burnt to death in a fire when her idiot fiance (who was the fireman for crying out loud) thought it would be better to do something resembling the macarena rather than get say, water.

I've also noticed it takes my Sims a very long time to starve to death (I have little time for the oldies) - perhaps therapy is something I should consider.

13. Zootyzoot

Really? It took ages in TS1 but nowadays as soon as the hunger bar goes all the way to the bottom, Sims drop dead, as far as I'm aware anyhoo. It is a little unrealistic, really, that Sims starve to death after a day or so without food.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Personally it bothers me that fat sims seem to starve to death as quickly as skinny ones. I mean how realistic is that. I have enough lard on my backside to keep a small village going for at least a month ... :(

15. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

Isn't there some golden rule that says, "You'll survive an entire week without food, but three days without water means death"?

16. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Mwhaha Evil Is Og Vengence

:rolleyes: LOL. Yes I belive so! Personaally NONE of my sims have dropped dead like that before.... Once I tried to kill one of my sims,:devious: buy making her run on the lawn then build 4 walls around her. It took her 3 days till she FINNALY DROPPED DEAD!:eek: :)

17. Blower

Blower New Member

Isn't that so painfully annoying - I am a patient person, and try to put logic over temper 99% of the time - but:

Sim complains tired, point to bed - sim stalls at stairs, someones coming down - point to bed again *complains tired - bed command times out* then the other sim goes back up the stairs, stairs blocked - bed command times out - *argh!* point to top of stairs *go here* dammit - now get in bed!!!! *complains + timesout* -

At this point I sent the sim into the toilet and deleted the door - she later starved.

Let this be a lesson to any sim who complains about tiredness 4 times in a row after being ordered to bed, Ill starve you locked in a toilet! :mad:

18. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Sudden death

I was reading this with one of those gnawing feelings in the back of my head. Then I remembered, I almost had a Sim die coming back from a Cummunity trip. At the lot, getting ready to leave the Sim had a couple yellow bars, the rest green, no sweat. Fast forwardf to getting out of cab and BAM! orange hunger, deep yellow energy. She almost died. I assumed she got tired in the cab (well, actually I assumed it was a bug and posted about it with the bug reporting tool Maxis had up prior to patch). Hmm, maybe the cabbie did something unmentionable, illegal, or unthinkable on the trip home? :disappointed:

This might have happened to you. Just a thought.

19. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Hurrah, not just me.
    And the sinisterness of the cab drivers was something I hadn't considered......

20. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

You locked your sims in the bathroom? LOL. when i killed my sim i felt bad so a while before she died i put a fridge in her tiny house with NO doors but..... she couldn't make food. LOL..:eek: :eek: