SimCity 4 Rci help

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Duke, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Duke

Duke New Member

Rci help

OK i am having prblems with the rci graph and what my city wants.

OK so here goes

R-$ what is that low,med,heavy dence houses?
    R-$$ low,med,heavy dence? how do i get houses to be $$?
    R-$$$ ^ same as above ^

Cs-$ - low, med , heavy denceity which one?
    CS-$$ how do i get it to be $$ also low med or heavy dence.
    Cs-$$$ how? ^ same as above ^

Co-$$$ what is this and how do i get it?

I-ag this is agreculture right?
    I-D what is this? how do i get?
    I-M what is this hwo do i get?

I-HT what is this how do i get ?

also on the demand graph the positive is they want it RIGHT?
    and negative is they dont want it. I know it might be obvious but its kinda messed up when I oplay.. so if anyone can help me with this i would really appreciate it.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

In order to achieve higher residential, you need to have a reason for your sims to move in. Industrial is a good way to draw them in. As your city expands, it needs commerical needs. Increase your commerical needs by zoning medium.

Usually zoning medium in commerical and residential helps a lot. Industrial must be medium or heavy.

3. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I thought some people might get confused with this.

R-$ = Low income housing.
    R-$$ = Middle-class housing.
    R-$$$ = High wealth housing.

ie, the $ signs do not represent the density rating of a building - they represent wealth.

Density is controlled, as before, by the type of zone you place. However, it isnt quite that easy, because in order for the tallest residential buildings to develop your city needs a population of atleast 40,000 Sims. The same applys for comercial skyscrapers - you will need atleast 30,000 jobs in the single city inorder for them to develop. Other factors do play a part though.

Cs is Commercial Service. This means that Sims will go to these particular buildings for a service, for example a gas station or a Hardware store. Cs buildings are generally retail outlets.
    Co stands for Commerial Office. Here commercial buildings will be occupied by offices. Skyscrapers fall under this catagory.

You are correct about I-ag - this is the Agricultural zone.
    I-m is Medium Density Industrial. Small Factories are usualy the only occupant of this zone. BTW, I-ag is considered Light Industrial.
    I-d - Dense Industrial - is where the larger factories come in.
    I-ht means Hi-Tech Industrial. Hi-Tech Industries are those which do not pollute.

As for the RCI Demand bars, the higher up the bars are, the more they want the zone. If one of the bars is going down, there is a negative demand - in other words there is too much of that zone.

Well i hope i could be of some help :) Happy City Building!

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Sam. That will be a good help WHEN I get it - whenever that is. :(

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Sam: Are there any leisure facilities available?

6. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Theres a softball ground//basketball court...country club...and many others

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*Sighes deeply*

Awwe. Guys. You're making me drool even more. I start to feel like the Sahara desert or something. (joke) ;)

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

8. sam_lawrence

Yes Philip there are. Lew went over some of them briefly. Some are rewards, and some aren't. For example the Minor League Stadium, Major League Stadium, Golf Course, Art Museum, Movie Studio and Resort Hotel are all rewards. Things like Basketball Courts, Tennis Courts, Skate parks and Beaches are readily available to build at any point during the game.

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*droooools*

10. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Thanks very much for your help. I was beginning to think that there weren't any. I am glad I am wrong.
    The graphics are very very good and the editor is, possibly, the greatest thing I have played with on a computer. Now I know what it is like to be God.

11. sam_lawrence

LOL yes.... God Mode is incredible. Its just a shame you loose the God-like terrain tools when you start your city.

12. RAWR

RAWR New Member

Actually, I-D doesnt exsist. It is I-M and it includes all the manufacutring factories :p

Also, to get "skyscrapers" you need atleast 45,000 not 40,000. Secondly, there arent any skyscrapers to speak of yet, most of them are included in the houston 2000 tileset, a set which seems to have dissapeared from the game, so to speak. Many people are angry about this revelation, so we are waiting on a big patch to ease the problems.

Any other questions you need? Greyleaf and I are SC4 experts :bunny:

13. RAWR

RAWR New Member

Sorry about double post.

You can actually get the god-mode tools back once you have started the game, hold ctrl-alt and then click the god mode button to get all the old options back, its considered cheating, but its all in good fun when your bored ;)

14. ManagerJosh

Just a FYI.....there is such a button called Edit :D
    Far right, underneath Report this post to a moderator :D :p

Probably the best way to encourage growth is high-tech industries.

15. sam_lawrence

Actually RAWR, the Houston 2000 building set has not dissapeared from the game. Although not Skyscrapers, there are several very modern looking buildings in my cities. These two buildings are definitly not from the 1890 or 1940 sets:

http://www.geocities.com/sam_lawrence_screens/12.html
    http://www.geocities.com/sam_lawrence_screens/13.html

The fact that no one you've seen has had proof they have a Skyscraper in their cities doesnt mean they arent there or that its a bug in the game. It just means that we havent figured out how to get them to develop yet.

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Really nice buldings Sam. What else do you have hidden around Sam? :classic:
    It sounds logical to me what you say.

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

....sigh... I need too MANY new sims games!!! :p

18. ManagerJosh

and I sooooo need so many new sim games and a computer ;)

19. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I know Josh. Me too. I maaaaaybe can get the processor or DDR ram this week. Right now Ram is down in price. So it's about $30 down actually. That's a lot of money. I have to check it out more.

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh!! getting ram on sale sounds great!! :D