Troubleshooting really buggy game.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thatslovexoxo, Dec 17, 2006.

1. thatslovexoxo

thatslovexoxo New Member

Sorry this is kind of long. Any help would be awesome.

So, I installed The Sims 2 on my computer and then it ran fine. I was thinking "Okay! Time to go for University." and I installed it.
    It stopped on the first CD at 65%. then I cancelled the installation and stayed away from installing again for about 20 minutes because I was busy. All of a sudden, the installation box popped up and said 100% then froze and crashed. Which was odd because I had cancelled it?
    Then I put in the first CD for the base game and it said to put in the right CD and restart blah blah. So I put in the Uni CD and nothing happened. No installation prompt or anything.

I miss my Sims! Help!

Sorry this is kind of long. Any help would be awesome.

So, I installed The Sims 2 on my computer and then it ran fine. I was thinking "Okay! Time to go for University." and I installed it.
    It stopped on the first CD at 65%. then I cancelled the installation and stayed away from installing again for about 20 minutes because I was busy. All of a sudden, the installation box popped up and said 100% then froze and crashed. Which was odd because I had cancelled it?
    Then I put in the first CD for the base game and it said to put in the right CD and restart blah blah. So I put in the Uni CD and the same thing happened.
    I then uninstalled the base game after this happened in an effort to help the situation.

...It didn't do much. Now the installation window won't pop up when I put in The Sims disk 1.

I miss my Sims! Help!

Edit by jupitershana: Only one post is needed, I merged your two threads on the same subjects.

2. thatslovexoxo

thatslovexoxo New Member

I also uninstalled the base game after this happened in an effort to help the situation.

...It didn't do much.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm not going to be much help here.

Did you make a backup copy of your game files? The ones located under My Documents?

I'm guessing you uninstalled everything and reinstalled both the base game and the Uni. And now it doesn't work?

I think the technical moderators are probably going to ask for more details about your computer specs.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Try uninstalling University and reinstalling it. It sounds like canceling it screwed up your game. If it won't let you uninstall uni you may have to uninstall, then reinstall, the entire game.

Move your neighborhoods folder to a different part of your hard drive first to preserve your sims. Put it back after you've re-installed.

And don't quit in the middle of an install this time. It sounds like the game didn't like that.