SimCity 4 Region Help..

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by SolidSnake_19, May 21, 2004.

1. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Region Help..

Not too sure if this is in the right area (Mods. feel free to move this if you want. ;))

Anyways, I uninstalled my SC4: Rush Hour game to move it to a different drive, then reinstalled it. Now I'm trying to re-add my saved regions but the game won't show them (the custom region is already under the "\region\" folder.) Anyone know how to re-add them? :\

2. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I've never tried running SimCity 4 from anywhere other than the default install location (C:/Program Files/Maxis), but i'd asume you can leave your saved regions in My Documents/SimCity 4/Regions and the game will still find them. Did you leave them in My Documents or did you move them?

3. SolidSnake_19

Well, I moved all of SC4 to E: drive to lighten the load on C:, so I put the region files in E:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Regions, yet they're not showing up in there...
    Just checked the My Documents folder and the game is still putting all the cities under that drive (C: )... :confused:
    Why doesn't it leave them under the Maxis folder where the rest of the game is?

4. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I'm guessing it saves to My Documents so that if you Uninstall SimCity 4, it's easy to back up all your saved content as it's all in one place. So your regions worked when you put them back into My Documents?

5. SolidSnake_19

Yep, they work again once I put them back in the My Documents folders. Problem solved, thanks. :)

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I just wish very VERY much that they would let you choose WHERE you want to save to!! Now I have no room on my C drive between my Sim City stuff and Body Shop! :(

7. SolidSnake_19

Ugh, I know! That's one of the reasons why I moved SC over to a different drive. Now the game has messed up my hard work of popping the disc in the computer and telling it to install somewhere else. @_o