Troubleshooting Reinsert disc on pc

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by jeneanw, Oct 11, 2006.

1. jeneanw

jeneanw New Member

Reinsert disc on pc

I'm having a problem with the game asking me to reinsert my disc. It doesn't matter if I put the disc in and it goes on auto play or I actually click on the icon on my desktop. I tried this with two different disc drives on the same computer. Any help?

2. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

If the discs are messed up couldn't you send them back to Maxis/EA to get them replaced? Or maybe just buy new ones? The No CD hack/crack is illegal :mad:

3. Dylan00

Dylan00 Hello ^_^

Sorry, Just ive had this with Need For Speed Underground 2 another EA brand, the discs took 8 months to get here.

I Didnt mean to upset anyone.

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I know you had good intentions with that post - but for future reference it'd be wise not to mention CD-cracks here. :)

---

jeneanw, I'd suggest contacting EA about your problematic discs. If they're official CDs they should be able to replace them for you with working ones.

Added: Here's a link to EA's Customer Support page: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...66&cat_lvl2=713&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1

5. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

jenean - i found a somewhat close answer and i can't tell if it will help or not but it looks close, CLICK HERE
    try that out...

6. FrozenWind

FrozenWind New Member

One thing I would try:

Start -> Run -> Regedit

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> EA GAMES -> The Sims 2

Ensure that the "Installed From" and "CD Drive" entries correspond to the CD-Rom drive letter that you are attempting to use.

IMPORTANT: Before making *any* changes to your registry, you should create a backup by going to File -> Export and saving a copy.