SimCity 4 Reinstalling SC4

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Jakethedane, May 5, 2006.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Reinstalling SC4

I hope someone reads this message, because now with the Sims 2 and the EPs out, well, is anybody playing Sc4 anymore?
    My problem is, that I want to reinstall the game, after I had it uninstalled some time ago, but now it asks if I want to copy a file called EP1.dat. Its always this particular file, and no matter what I do, I cant get the game installed.
    Any thoughts?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi Jake, can't help much but EP1.DAT is a file in:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\ in my own installation

It sounds to me like it's to do with the Rush Hour (EP?)

EP1.DAT is 53MB. Maybe your uninstall didn't remove it or maybe you need a manual uninstall (edit the windows registry)

Try searching http://support.ea.com/ for ep1.dat

3. Jakethedane

Hi Mirelly.

I reinstalled the game, after a complete harddrive reformatting, so everything I had on every file was lost. I searched the EA site, but nothing. Do you think its something to do with sound?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Nope I think it's something to do with either your system or the game disc.

Try copying the entire disc to your hard drive, that should rule out any disc defects. You should also then be able to attempt installation from the copy (leave the CD in the drawer so the copyright protection can see what you're trying to do). To start the process look for the autorun exe in the folder of the copy

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

It does sound like the file on the disk is corrupt. If you like the game so much the RH EP costs around $20 here in Australia. So it's cheap enough.

6. jammy

jammy New Member

Jammy

:)Hi, Have you tried totally clearing simcity 4 off your system then trying to reinstall it?:)

7. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Just keep telling the game to install it. It will eventually install.

8. Jakethedane

No it wont. In the meantime I have found a patch called EP1.dat, which is excactly the patch I need for the game to install. Right? Wrong! Now, it keeps telling me to insert the right disc in the drive. Thanks EA! You suck!

9. Dajahew1

Dajahew1 New Member

How to make it work!

Yes, i had the same problem, i insert disk 1 and it won't recognise it:mad: . To make it work for me, i tried using DISK 2. This should solve the problem. Remember when you installed the game and it let you play it using disk 2? Why not trying to use disk 2?;)

10. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

lol I wouldn't go so far as they suck. However I gave up playing sim city 4.
    Waaaay Tooo many problems. And no decent solutions. I have a modern PC
    with way over their specifications. And it lags. I have been a gamer for years and never come up with so many probs. I started with the first Sim City. Now I wouldn't bother.
    regards moon