Relationships and Relatives

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by aharris, Feb 14, 2005.

1. aharris

aharris New Member

Relationships and Relatives

Will my game consider adopted sisters and brothers to be related by blood? Not that I want them to marry, but what about their children.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

From what I understand, adoption makes them part of the family. It is the relationship within the family which makes the difference in terms of dating and marriage. So that aspect is treated the same as if they had been born into the family. (Prevents things like what happened in real life with Woody Allen and his adopted daughter.)

3. Blower

Blower New Member

When do people pass on names?

WHats the rule for passing on a name? lets say mr.a n mrs.b have a child out of wedlock (oh the horror) whos name does the kid get? and does it change if/when the parents marry?

You get the idea, please explain

4. aharris

aharris New Member

That one's easy. The kid gets the house name is my understanding. For example, Vincent Mwakesi and Shoko deCastries have a baby. Since Shoko has the baby and it is in her house, the baby is deCastries.

Now, as to what the name would be if mom marries after having the kid, I will assume that the kid keeps his or her old name, but I haven't run across that situation in my game. I am working on it though.

5. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

If that happens the mom/dad takes the kids least name.

6. darkstormyeve

darkstormyeve New Member

My sim had a baby while married to another sim, but that sim wasn't the father. When he died, my sim married the father of her child, but the game doesn't let the father give a "family hug" or "family kiss". It is all "friendly" kisses and hugs. But I had read in the strat. guide I think, that a sim child will always prefer their natural parents and know them, no matter who their natural parents marry. This probably isn't hugely relavant but does anyone know anymore about this?

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

A child always gets the last name of the mother, which, in the case of a married couple, should be the same.