Relationships

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sims2, Nov 12, 2006.

1. sims2

sims2 New Member

Relationships

Bonding/having relatinships with both familyand lover seems to be hard. Like when people greet you into the neighborhood, i try tlking to them and my sims dont get along with anyone:S
    Anyone else have this too?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I always start with a joke, and then chat if I have time and my needs aren't too low. Once you've made first contact, say goodbye and then call the ones you like on the phone to build up the relationship.

Once you're friends you can ask them to a community lot or just keep in contact to boost your friends score, or if you really like them, ask them on a date.

Don't worry too much about negative first impressions. They'll come around. However, you may want to encourage the ones that give you a positive response at first, as those are the sims it'll be easier to build a relationship with. The negative ones are a bit harder, and sometimes not worth it.

Sims I don't recommend befriending: Benjamin Long (he'll never leave your property), Kennedy Cox (he's a big meanie) and Marisa Bendet (stalker). And never, never, never encourage Marsha, the bratty kid. She will phone stalk you to death. Kid's a menace. I've played Andrea Hogan and Brandi LeTourneau and neither one is very nice. Come to think of it, most of the original townies are less than ideal. Some of the downtownies are better choices for future friends/mates. For example, there's a cutie pie with the darkest skin tone, longish hair and a red shirt with white cuffs who in my neighborhood turned out to make a very nice husband. I don't know if he always has the same personality, but he's got good genes. :p

3. sims2

sims2 New Member

ya joke does seem pretty good:)

4. sims2

sims2 New Member

Thats really good hints there, thankyou very much=Di have never actually come across those people, theyre often sims that i actually made up myself haha. But that phone tip is really helpful:)

5. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i find it really easy building relationships with any sims i like. i even managed to get a woman to fall in love have everything 100 and be married with the man that cheated infront of her face lol in about a day. i just keep talking and joking and if i want them to fall in love theres lost of 'checking sims out' and admiring

6. sims2

sims2 New Member

Lucky! how manage that haha?
    Once mine have fallen out they continue it and i find it extremely hard to get them right again. Like two of my twins! they are teens now and still arent getting along:(

7. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

The key is persistance. :) You just have to keep at it. I find it easy to befriend other sims too. I simply get my sims (after they've greeted the stranger) to chat, tell joke, chat, tell joke, appreciate, chat, joke, make some food and let them join you, watch some TV and let them join, dance to the radio and let them join...then joke, gossip/chat, appreciate...etc...

Keep it up and they'll be friends in no time. The phone tip is really good too, just call them every day (several times a day if you like) and talk. It doesn't take long, especially if you invite them over once their friendship gets up into the 20s or so. :)

Cass.

8. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

oh yeah, and in university, always avoid the cow! Every time I've had a romantic relationship going really great the cow will flirt with one or the other of my sims and ruin it! It takes almost until they've left college to fix the damage that stupid cow does!

9. sims2

sims2 New Member

seems like typical "real life" people LOL! I have never come across that either. I think im gonna try the calling tip though, as i didnt actually know about it haha.
    I often have them telling jokes however sometimes they dont like it at all. LOL!