Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Release Date Announced

EA announced today in their holiday line up that SimCity Societies will be released on November 13! Start your pre-ordering! :D

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Cool! Who's going to get it?

I think I'm going to wait and see what other people think of the game before getting it myself. :)

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I'll only say this once as I don't want to keep whining about it and being negative:

I want to buy SimCity Societies. I like the look of the game, I like the features, I like the screenshots. I'm keen to play it. However, as it's likely to contain SecuROM as their copy-protection software, I won't touch it with a barge pole.

But that doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing what you guys think of it when it's out. I can still drool. :D

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'm with Hugz. :(

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh, yuck. It's worse than that! :mad:

Just spent a happy ten minutes in an elusive search for system requirements for SCS.

Amazon just say that is for XP only (so no joy for Vista users, then) The EA SCS page has nothing on sys reqs. at all.

Vista has eaten two of my games so far (RCT3 and SC4) The RCT3 thing appears to be related to the the game's inability to tell the difference between a folder and a node, so I can play, but not save because because it declares the disc is full ... well there are zero bytes of space in the node/shortcut/whatever that points to the documents folder. SC4 just crashes the moment I turn on the time (I can terraform, zone, load, save, create regions, plant trees, build bridges, just can't expect it to actually function :( )

So apart from SecuROM, I can think even less reasons to get a game which seems to have so little up front evdience that it has customer support in mind before purchase. I mean how can we be expected to pre-order a game without the seller displaying the minimum system requirements?

Sure I missed something ... but ... (looks again) ... nope can't see it.

6. ManagerJosh

Since SCS is developed while Vista is technically out, it is more likely to be compatible with Vista than SimCity 4 and RCT3 was because Vista wasn't out then.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I accept that, Josh, and I feel sure that I can resolve my own issues with RCT3 and SC4. Both games run, after all.

The annoyance I have with SCS is that (with a seemingly firm release day and links to 3 partners for advance orders on the "official website) there is NO proper minimum system requirements listed for the game.

Given that Vista has been in circulation for 9 months, (10 months at the date of release) it is both risible and insulting that the game is described for Windows XP and no mention of Vista at all.

If we stipulate that the average computer is replaced every five years then at least 17% of potential buyers already have Vista.

What percentage of visitors to World Sims use Vista?

8. ManagerJosh

Out of the entire WorldSims Windows population, 13.98% uses Windows Vista. The bulk of us uses Windows XP. (83%)

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I contend that there is no statistical significance between the difference of my guesstimate and World Sims visitors. It seems reasonable to project that 1 PC owner in 5 will own a Vista based machine before next summer.