Spore Release date?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by KD, Apr 13, 2005.

1. KD

KD New Member

Release date?

When does this game come out?

2. gordin

gordin New Member

Right now the game is expected to come out next year, however this is pure speculation and more info will be available soon.

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

My estimation would be: first quarter of 2006

Heat

4. KD

KD New Member

And the game will probably get lots of big changes made to it, and will probably end up getting post-poned, right?

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

You can't really know what to expect when it's about Maxis, but as opposed to other games like simcity and sims 2, i don't think this one will have delays, because Will Wright consider it as his baby, his lifetime work, and he does not want any mocks along the road. :spin:

Heat

6. gordin

gordin New Member

I doubt there will be any delays this time, as Will Wright said he made sure that we don't have to wait for lots of time after the game is announced. However, we must remember that nothing has been said about the release date right now, so if in E3 they say it will be released, say, in beginning 2007 it won't actually be a delay.

7. KD

KD New Member

I hate how they make us wait this long just to wait for a game.

I mean, tell us within 6 months of it being relieased. I almost lost intrest with sims 2 since it took so long :banghead:

8. boines

boines New Member

it's said that this yrs e3 they will a timeline of when it's coming out by within a few months but knowing them nothing is right :(

9. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Thats Maxis.. :laughing2:

I hope the game actually turns out good..

10. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

anything can happen since its Will Wright's work of art, he could alwayz delay it if he wanted just 50% sure he will delay it

11. SporeSite

SporeSite New Member

Not realy much info about when it will be released...I would say maybe Q1 or Q2 of 2006, but then again no one realy knows...I don't think it will be delayed, TheSims2 was delayed because they had to move to another location... :D

12. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Will Wright played through a nearly complete game at whatever gaming convention that was and it seemed that it was largely complete, most of the content is player made and I believe it was mentioned somewhere that they were already testing the creature distribution system among the initial testers. My best guess would be Thanksgiving, Christmas at the latest. This year.

That's the beauty of object oriented programming. There's not a lot to look over when there's a problem somewhere.

13. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Not completley true, he did show advanced stages of the game, but that doesn't mean he played until that certain stage ;)

Heat

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Hmmm...here:

12 Months/4 =3 Months

First Quarter- First 3 months :smile:

Heat

15. MrErops

MrErops New Member

I would say as well Q1 or Q2 of 2006. :smile:

16. boines

boines New Member

According to MANY blog sites and game sites it's not even CLOSED to being finished unless they going to go go all out exp packs like sims. Many insiders have leaked many things saying if it's behind closed doors at e3 then its not even close to being done. But who knows. They have to build the internet network gateway and they only set up a very tiny bit that's still in early testing according to the spore site I mod.

17. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Uh huh. And where would this site be and how do you have more information than us? Just a few little questions you should answer before you claim to have actual, factual proof.

18. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Many people (This is what I read in an article) said that the game looked great and was just about finished. (When they saw it at E3) Now I also read somewhere have no clue that Will Wright made a joke about how everything is just about done and hes now focused on the music. Since music plays an important role in the game. :D Also somewhere eles, Will Wright wanted to get this finished quick so that no one would "copy" his idea. Since this is his "baby" and I guess his lifetime work. So he wouldn't say much about it if it wasn't close to being finished. :rolleyes:

19. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Well, there is alot of sites that are probably wrong, the only site that i heard talking about release date was gaming steve and a couple of other mates, which said that the game did look finished.

Heat

20. MrErops

MrErops New Member

You tell em Heat.. :coolguy: Its true ---> :sporerules: