Removing A Sim.... Completely

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ShaunTaylor18, Aug 25, 2006.

1. ShaunTaylor18

ShaunTaylor18 LOTRS Lead Guitarist

Removing A Sim.... Completely

I doubt it is possible to remove EVERY trace of a sim, but what I want to do is delete a sim who has a family and remove them from any family trees that they may be included in.

Any methods of removing traces of a sim would be appreciated :)

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe The InSIMenator will do what you want...Sorry, I don't have a link, but perhaps someone else does...

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

if they do a private message would be in order...:D

4. ShaunTaylor18

Is there any other way apart from using the InSIMenator?

Although if I have to use it, I don't mind :)

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've heard of doing it using the boolprop cheat. Doing an internet search will probably find one of the many directions for using the boolprop cheat that are out there. Even doing a search on this site might lead to a link to directions for it.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

You can use simPE too, but it's very complicated. When you delete a sim, you must go into every memory of every sim who've they've ever had contact with and remove that "Met so-and-so" memory of them. :rolleyes:

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'd advise against it. Is it really so important that your sim is removed? You could really screw up your game.

On a related note, if I delete a tombstone, does the sim still count as an existing sim? That is, does it still count toward my 800 sims allotment?

Just wondering.

8. ShaunTaylor18

I basically didn't want a particular sim in a family (for complicated reasons that I won't bother trying to explain), but all I wanted was for the sim to be removed from the family tree so that there would be no trace of them in future generations.

I used simPE, and it was really quite simple just to remove him from the family tree. It seems like a cool program, although I probably won't actually use it much.

Thanks for everyone's help! I really didn't think it could be done when I first posted, but now the sim is gone from the family tree!