Requirements to "Sleep" together?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by aragorn231, Oct 29, 2004.

1. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Requirements to "Sleep" together?

What are the requirements for 2 Sims to sleep together? (with sleep I really mean sleep and not Woohoo)

I have this guy who's asked this woman to "Move In", she accepted, they're both in love (well, the guy is, but I think the woman is too because I saw the double-heart icon floating above her head). Now the guy is asleep in the double bed and I want the woman to also go and sleep there, but the only option I get is "Relax"...

Do they have to be engaged before they can sleep in the same bed?

BTW: the woman mentioned above is Circe Beaker in Strangetown. Before she moved in she was living in another family, not sure what her status was but possibly she was married to Loki Beaker? Would that be a problem?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Bed-sharing seems to be an odd issue: I know two adult or elder Sims who are otherwise unrelated will only be willing to do so if they are best friends, and that children appear to have slightly more relaxed restrictions. I'd have to do some more detailed probing to figure out exactly what the limitations are, but here's the cases I've found:
    Two sibling children, who are friends, but not best friends, will share the same bed.
    A parent and child, who are not yet friends, but not enemies, are willing to share the same bed.
    Two best friends will share the same bed, regardless of age.

Also, when relationships are asymmetric, it can be the case that the two sims will share the same bed if one of them goes to sleep first, but will refuse to do so if the other goes first.

The option to sleep in the bed does not appear at all unless the sleeper is sufficiently low on energy. If the energy requirement is met, the option will always appear, but sometimes instead of sleeping, the Sim will piss and moan about it and refuse to actually do so. Sometimes one of the Sims already asleep will instead wake up to piss and moan about it before passing out onto the floor. Sims tend to have rather messed up priorities like that, like being more willing to simply pee their pants than use a toilet in view of another sim. I don't know about you, but I think that pretty much everyone, when forced to choose between "Use toilet while others are present" and "pee pants", will choose the former.

If I were a Sim, though, I'd probably have "Go to sleep" listed as a fear, and "pass out" as a want.

No.

She was, and possibly still is, but that shouldn't be the cause of the problem. It looks more like the problem, as described, is simply not being tired enough. However, Circe Beaker is a very strange Sim, and I have my own Circe Beaker story.

3. SuzieChapman77

SuzieChapman77 New Member

Sleeping together

To get them to 'sleep together' they both need to realx on the bed. It then gives you a few different options like kiss make-out woo hoo and make a baby. And they need to be some energy left too otherwise they will refuse to relax!

4. J. M. Pescado

No, that's to get them to Woohoo. The original poster merely wanted them to share a bed for actual sleep.

5. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Thanks JMP to point the other poster to the meaning of my post, and for the bedsharing tips.
    I'll try to make them best friends, hopefully that does it...

As for your opinion on Circe, I have not noticed any behaviour in that direction until now, and they even happily woohood, but I'll let you know should I notice anything suspicious :)

6. J. M. Pescado

Well, yeah, they SEEM like a normal couple with each other, but she exhibits some interesting behaviors that point in the other direction. I'll try exposing her to a male romance sim to see what happens.

7. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Relationship

It all depends on the relationship.

It is possible to have a crush on someone you are not best friends with. It's not easy, mind you, but possible. In such a case you'd see hearts but no two-smiley-face best friend symbol. These two people will not sleep together.

I once had a woman in love with one of my single dads (big red heart on relationship) but after a week of working himself to death he was unable to invite her over. By the time he did go out with her next she was still in love with him but not his friend. I had to build up the friendship to get back to the propose / sleep / woohoo phase of things.

So if two Sims will not share the same bed take a careful look at their relationship icons. You may find out the NPC doesn't like your sim "that way" yet.

8. gnokgnoh

gnokgnoh New Member

It is this second game I have played so far. Started with a single male sim. The horoscope does affect the outcome of sleeping together, you would have to choose the romantic character as well.

Quite luckily, after getting acquaintance with this girl sim, my sim makes his way to his house every time he calls her. And after 2 invitations in 2 consecutive days, they even kiss!

On the 3rd day, she is willing to spend the night. And then they sleep together. And that's just sleeping together and nothing else.

On the 5th day, after many different teasing kisses, I make him to propose engagement. And an small movie clip plays. They are now engaged.

I am looking forward to marry now.

9. Xenu

Xenu New Member

>>"The horoscope does affect the outcome of sleeping together,"

Indirectly, yes.
    Some signs have it easier to start liking each other, others harder. All in all, it's not a very big difference.

>>"you would have to choose the romantic character as well."

I'm pretty sure that character class isn't relevant, in my experience there is no difference between the classes in how they react to each other. There is a difference in aspiration bonuses, but that's it.

10. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Side-effects are complicated, take woohoo in small dosages

This is not entirely true. Every romance orriented Sim I've had seems to jump up the action ladder of Play / Hug / Flirt / Kiss / Cuddle / Woohoo at lower rungs than their non-romantic partner. The romance Sims seem to want these actions sooner than others. When you have 2 romance Sims they will be ready to consumate their relationship faster than any other Sims.

However, this is not a hard and fast rule (no pun intended) because other things affect a Sim's romantic life. His personality traits, especially Playful, Outgoing, and Nice, will impact what interaction choices he or she gets at any given rung of the relationship meter. Also, how the character's astrological sign meshes with another Sims will have an impact on the early relationship.

However, once the characters get real solid relationships and all the prerequisite Friends, Best Friends, Crush, Turned On (or whatever the twirling lips mean) and Love signs all of this crap that figured in before is pretty much null and void and all the romantic actions are available.

11. lou_knee

lou_knee New Member

I've had an odd bug where I had two sims, married and with 100/100 relationship, yet they refused to sleep in the same bed or even relax together. Though they were quite happy to woo-hoo in a hot tub and change room. They were perfectly normal until the female was caught flirting with the headmaster (only in an attempt to gain her child entry into a private school). That coused their relationship to plumet but even after building it back up to 100/100 they won't share their marital bed :confused:

12. Jnnfrfltchth

Jnnfrfltchth New Member

To "share" a bed all the need to be are friends. The possiblty of it saying relax is because the sim is simply just not tired or there energey need is already fufilled make sure the energery bar is paritally in the red zone before making them "share" the bed.:chinese: