SimCity 4 Rush Hour Disscussion thread

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by sam_lawrence, Dec 29, 2003.

1. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Rush Hour Disscussion thread

There hasn't been much talk of SC4 Rush Hour yet, so i thought i'd start up this thread. Come to think of it, there hasn't been much SimCity talk in general lately! Lets put an end to that!

Ok so..... who has Rush Hour? I know i do! What do you think of it? Impressed or dissapointed? Everything you thought it would be? Share your opinions with us! Or perhaps some of you might have some questions about Rush Hour you'd like answered. Feel free to post them here too!

2. Auz

Auz New Member

Its excellent, its everything i ever wanted. Avenues, gound highways, boats and the coolest feature U-drive it! It made simcity 4 fresh and new again.

3. sam_lawrence

Yeah sure did. I love U-drive it too :) I like driving the trains the best.

4. Auz

Auz New Member

I love driving everything. I like taking my sims cars for drives, doing the bus missions and driving the ferries around. It's just soo much fun!

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If everyone keeps talking about it I may have to investigate further... and start saving up.... but so far I haven't really figured out the main game so I'll want to do that before getting expansions!

6. Auz

Auz New Member

The expansion makes the game easier because it has alot more tools and query options. It will tell you why there is abbondenment and stuff like that.

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I could use some help like that! hmmm... have to save up for sims 2 as well though!!!

8. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

I've always found the tools and buildings in SC4 a little lacking. Now that Rush Hour's got more transportation modes, I think I'm gonna get it.

And did you know that the SC4 pack with SC4 and RH is actually just 10 dollars more expensive than SC4? I should have waited to get the pack than to have to get them seperately now.

9. sam_lawrence

Yeah i'm assuming you mean Deluxe, oink-o. Deluxe is a good way to get into SimCity for beginners as it has both the vanilla game and the expansion. But don't worry, it hasn't got anything extra so you won't be missing out if you buy them seperately.

10. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

I'll miss out on nothing but ten of my hard earned dollars. :p

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess I'll be in that same boat too if I end up running off to get the expansion now... :p

12. sam_lawrence

Well if you really really like SC4, but think it needs improvments, then Rush Hour probably is worth getting. Or you can wait a few years until another expansion pack comes out and hope they bring out an "Expansion Pack Pack" to pack your game with both expansions. Like they did with The Sims expansion packs.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I may wait for the expansion pack pack at this rate, as by that time I may have figured out the rest of the game and be able to play a successful city! ;)

14. sam_lawrence

Hehe sounds like a wise plan to me. After all SimCity is a tricky game to master. I've been playing heaps since i came out almost a year ago and i'm still experimenting with it, when by the same time i could pretty much say i'd mastered previous SimCitys. It just shows how complex the game's simulator really is. There's no end to it's possibilities.